About SideTracked Caches.
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the http://www.sidetrackedseries.info website.
About west acton Station.
The Great Western Railway (GWR) built the Ealing Broadway branch (the western part of the former Ealing & Shepherd's Bush Railway) and opened it for freight trains in April 1917, and the Central London Railway trains used the line from 3 August 1920. West Acton and North Acton were built and owned by the GWR, and both opened on 5 November 1923.
GWR steam freight trains also ran through West Acton until 1938, when the London Underground tracks were segregated further east, through East Acton station, and to the west of North Acton station.
The current station, replacing the original building, was designed by the Great Western Railway, on behalf of London Transport as part of the LPTB's 1935-40 New Works Programme improvements and extensions to the Central line, by the GWR's architect Brian Lewis and was completed by November 1940.
the cache is a 35mm film canister.