To find this cache, you must first retrieve the clue from the Toponaut: Fountainhead 2, Stony Summit cache.
Inside this cache, you you will find a clue needed to search for Toponaut: Fountainhead 4, Guru.
This series needs to be done in sequence, both geographically, in order of difficulty, and to retrieve clues to continue. Detailed instructions will be included for the first cache, and then decrementally so as the series progresses. All together the series will lead to about a 5-6 mile round trip hike (or possibly more of course!).
Please see the first cache in the series for preamble and important information on what you'll need.
Navigate to the red star. From there, use the projection information found inside Stony Summit to locate the Stage 1 container. The Stage 1 container has a map with a second target and projection, and additional information for a virtual field puzzle at Stage 2. Navigate and project to Stage 2, then solve puzzle at Stage 2 for coordinates to final.
Primer (intended directions with map reading tips along the way)
- A black "X" is a man made object.
- Use the (very) intermittent stream valley and the trail as navigation aides.
- The target object has a fan.
- Just to be clear: there is nothing hidden at either of the red star locations. They are just where you do your projections from.
- This cache has three stages. The container at Stage 1 will have a map with a new target location to navigate to, denoted with a red star. It will also have a new projection. Navigate to the new red star and do a projection from there to find Stage 2 (virtual; i.e., no container). Use the additional information you recorded from Stage 1 to determine the final coordinates.
- As you use your GPS to navigate to the cache, pay attention to where you are on the map! This will be helpful/crucial in continuing to the next cache in the series.
Some other notes:
- I have set the "not winter friendly" attribute solely due to difficulties with finding the piles of rocks in the snow.
- As you navigate, it might be prudent to come up with a point that is "too far". For example in the first cache, using the trail system as a guide.
- Within the cache you will find a distance and bearing needed for the next cache in the series. Record this but don't take it with you.
- Have fun adventuring! However this is unkempt territory so be mindful of scorpions, gnats, and other nasty ninnies.
Links to caches:
No night caching
Best Series 2016