Welcome to the Butler County Donut Trail GeoTour
You read that right! Donut Trail GeoTour! Could things get more perfect? We think not!
This GeoTour includes a total of 15 stops, lots of fun and an amazing Donut Trail trackable coin as your sweet reward. Start your GeoTour by downloading the official Donut Trail GeoTour passport (print). And, don't forget to fill in your passport with the code word found with cache. All GeoTour caches are located in publicly accessible areas.
Painted in July 2016, this mural, entitled “Make Way for McCluskey,” pays tribute to Hamilton native, Robert McCloskey (b. 1914, d. 2003). This famed writer and illustrator is best known for his children’s books. His imaginative stories and colorful illustrations won two Caldecott Medals recognizing him for the year’s best-illustrated picture book. This mural, located in Downtown Hamilton, features a visual mashup of three of his most beloved stores, “Homer Price,” “Make Way for Ducklings,” and “Blueberries for Sal.” The mural is 20 feet tall and 100 feed wide and was funded by Hamilton’s StreetSpark public-art program. The mural building also houses The McCloskey Museum, where visitors can view the Caldecott medals as well as the infamous donut machine that inspired several stories in McCloskey’s Homer Price book. The museum is open limited hours on Fridays and Saturdays.
This GeoTour includes several 2-stage multis. All follow the same pattern. At Stage 1, look for the item of interest and answer a question about it. Your correct selection leads you to Stage 2, the final stage.
At the given coordinates look at the Make Way for McCluskey mural and count the number of donuts floating in the sky.
- If there are 9 floating donuts, the cache is at N 39° 24.071, W 084° 33.788.
- If there are 20 floating donuts, the cache is at N 39° 24.065, W 084° 33.796.
If you would like to redeem your GeoTour passport for the commemorative Donut Trail trackable coin, please do the following:
- Visit all 15 GeoTour locations
- Sign the log at each cache location
- Fill in all 15 GeoTour code words in proper locations on the GeoTour passport
- Log all finds under your team name on the official listing on Geocaching.com for each GeoTour location
- Complete the team name and mailing information on your passport
- Drop off your GeoTour passport at the Butler County Visitors Bureau Office OR mail in your passport to 8756 Union Centre Blvd. West Chester, OH 45069.
Log entries and code words will be verified before coins are given out. Only one coin will be given out per official geocaching team name. Over 200 coins are still available..
Please be respectful of the area and neighboring businesses. Cache only in the daylight or business hours.