Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Burman Wellness Challenge
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Geocache Description: Burman University is interested in reaching out to the surrounding communities of Central Alberta to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle of its citizens who live here. In fact, Burman University is striving towards a concept presented by Dan Buettner in his book The Blue Zones (2009) which lays out a proven plan to maximize your health based on the practices of the world’s healthiest people. In these “Blue Zones” they found that people reach age 100 at rates 10 times greater than in the United States.
It is with this background that this challenge is developed. This puzzle cache will help you explore two beautiful and popular walking routes in the City of Lacombe. Both walks are wheelchair accessible, though one is not paved.
Route One (to complete the N coordinate) Elizabeth Lake Trail (2.12km trail)
There are four locations you will need to find on this route. At each location you will need to answer a question to find the correct number for the final coordinate.
1. Equipment Name: Horizontal Ladder N52 28.683 W113 44.026 a. How many rungs are on the top of this apparatus? Enter this for A.
2. Equipment Name: Leg Lifts N52 29.192 W113 44.122 a. Use the recommended number of reps at the Advanced level and minus the two digits to come up with B.
3. Equipment Name: Parallel Bars N52 29.061 W113 44.260 a. How many times should you do this exercise at the Advanced level? Enter this number as C.
4. Equipment Name: Sit-up Station N52 28.901 W113 44.425 a. Add the recommended number of times for Beginner and Advanced together to come up with D.
Arrange your answers as follows: N 52 2A.BCD
Route Two (completes the W coordinate) Cranna Lake Loop (1.8km paved route)
There are five locations you will need to find on this route. At each location you will need to answer a question to find the correct number for the final coordinate.
1. Equipment Name: Pull Chair/Push Chair N52 28.546 W113 44.411 a. If you used each side of both pieces of equipment once, how many times would you go UP? Enter this number as E.
2. Equipment Name: Surfboard N52 28.494 W113 44.079 a. Double the number of surfboards on this piece of equipment to find F.
3. Equipment Name: Arm Wheel N52 28.371 W113 44.179 a. How many wheels are there on this piece of equipment? Enter this number for G
4. Equipment Name: Pull-up Bracket N52 28.353 W113 44.566 a. Enter the number suggested to exert maximum effort on this device. Enter for coordinate H.
5. Equipment Name: Exercising Bar/Leg Stretcher N52 28.353 W113 44.663 a. Take the degrees mentioned on the sign and minus 30, drop the last number to find I.
Arrange your answers as follows: W 113 EF.GHI
The Geocache The coordinates will bring you to a small sized container. It is locked. The combination to the lock is the answer to the following question: What year was Burman University founded? Drop the 1 and use the last three digits in order to open the cache. You can find the answer at N 52 28.976 W 113 44.484
Here is to health as you complete this cache. Enjoy!
You can check your answers for this puzzle on
Loading Cache Logs...
Last Updated: on 4/26/2017 7:36:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time (2:36 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum