Please consider adding a Fave toward our TBHoA Award.
LIKE this Facebook Page (TBHoA) to see all the winners.
Have you ever purchased a trackable coin or tag?
Did you then spend hours setting up its webpage and requested to receive images/tales of faraway destinations/adventures?
After you finally put your little adventurer into a geocache, did you anxiously sit by a PC, waiting for the logs to come rolling in?
Were there tales of exotic sights or spectacular adventures?
How many miles did it go?
What amazing journeys were shared with you?
The pictures people took with it had to be awesome, right?
Were the logs you received void of any details, simply a bland pick/drop notice?
Was it placed into an impossible-to-find geocache container, one that hardly anybody goes after?
Did your beloved trackable item receive a few logs in the beginning, only to eventually just up and vanish?
Did you seek out a “Search & Rescue” group only to hear that it was, in fact, MIA?
Maybe you reached out to the last geocacher who had it, only to swing and miss again?
Perhaps the geocache container it was placed in got muggled, or archived?
When we let a trackable item go into circulation or
by placing a geocaching container, on the wild. We rely on others to be honest and play the game with integrity, as it was intended.
Unfortunately, we don’t live in a perfect world and it is like the saying goes,” A few bad apples ruin the bunch...” Any way you slice it, it sucks!!
Like many of you out there, I've had my geocaches muggled or stolen. In fact, nearly every trackable I've put into a cache have gone off the radar!
I got upset, sure I did!
Even more so, when others would offer me their sympathy, and then go on to say,
“I guess it’s the price we pay, to play the game.”
“It’s the risk we all take, when placing TB’s on the wild.”
I hated hearing those phrases, almost as much as I hated experiencing the losses themselves. Every time a TB of mine came up missing, I too sought out assistance. When that produced nothing, I would vow to never let another go…
Then out of nowhere, my family's world was upended and everything we knew changed.
Things got bad all over...
No matter how hard we tried to get back to where we were, things would never be that way again.
I was ready to throw in the towel...
They say life never gives you more than you can handle.
It turns out "They" were right...
With the support of family and a few close friends, we pulled thru....
Those tough times are behind us now and we are enjoying a new beginning!
And you know? As hard as those times were for us, I'm glad to have experienced them...
I've realized this is just a game we play, you get out of it what you put into....And I'm ready to play this game BIGGER, LOUDER and BETTER than ever before!!
A new geo-container has been constructed and it's ready to be placed on the wild!
A new, MASSIVE Travel Bug Hotel capable of holding any sized TB imaginable!
This new establishment promises to be a safe haven for your weary trackables.
A permanent container that won't 'grow legs and walk away.'
A stronghold so magnificent and so simple, that geocachers will be drawn to it from far and wide!
AND, YES, WE HAVE BUGS! AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE THEM WITH YOU!!
So everyone, come on out and see…
MISSOURI'S LARGEST GEOCACHE!!
Please read the following...
In the interest of safety and security, for all of the visiting Geocachers, our distinguished Trackable guests and the priceless swag items entrusted to temporarily reside within this unique geocaching container, we strongly urge each of you to please abide by the following guidelines on visitor etiquette…
- You must sign the guest logbook, or heck..sign the inside of the container, in order to claim your find. NO virtual caching here!
- Please try to only take Trackable Items you intend to move along towards completion of the goals set by the trackable's owner. Remember. Each traveler has a mommy or daddy out there, who'd miss them somethin' awful if they came up missing.......besides that..........we have a special way of dealing with Bug-Snatchers 'round these parts! Just sayin'....
- In addition to the TBs found within, you'll find Geo-swag and other items for trading. Items that are marked specifically as "freebies", consider a gift/souvenir of your visit, but PLEASE only take one per visitor!
- Pictures/videos of you and/or your party while visiting are encouraged, so long as you practice good taste and exhibit appropriate behavior.
- You may encounter the local residents while on-site, we ask that you be courteous and respectful during any interactions with them, some geocache, some do not.
- For your safety, pull completely off the highway and into the driveway for parking. Follow the drive to the right, once off the roadway. (Eastern-most driveway) This will allow local traffic to continue about uninhibited.
- As you leave the property, please remember to….DO NOT back your vehicles out onto the highway, for your own safety! EB traffic has a blind hill just west of our driveway, so proceed with caution while pulling into traffic. (You will find more than adequate room for you to turn your vehicle around in the front circle driveway & pull out facing forward onto the roadway.)
- DO NOT climb over any fences or enter any other structures in your efforts to locate the cache container. This will be considered TRESSPASSING onto private property and appropriate measures will be taken. (This is, after all, an extremely LARGE Geocache container and is quite obvious. However, feel free to contact the CO, via email, should you encounter any issues.)
- There is NO NEED to move/remove rocks, dirt or to disturb any wild/plant life or other items, in order to successfully log your find. (Again. This is an extremely LARGE Geocache container and is super obvious. But, if you are oblivious to this fact, and feel it necessary to contact the CO, We can be reached via email, and we'll hold your hand thru the entire process.)
- DO NOT feed any animals! We won’t be feeding you or your animals during your visit. Please, reciprocate and do not feed ours.
- There are NO public restrooms on-site! Our plants & grass need no extra watering or fertilizer.
- All visitors, must seek this hide between the hours of 7am and 9pm. NO after hour visitors! You will be promptly asked to leave….and any attempt to log your find will be deleted!
- For the safety of all our guests, this facility is under 24-hour surveillance.
The guidelines above have been set into place to ensure the safety of our visitors and respect the wishes of the property owners. We'd also like to ensure each new visitor shares the same experience as those who visited before them.
CONGRATULATIONS TO HUNTER-13 AND JACWACO ON THEIR CO-FIRST TO FIND!!