Skip to content

Kostel svate Ludmily na Namesti Miru Traditional Geocache

Hidden : 09/01/2016
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


CZ:
Kostel byl postaven v letech 1888–1892 podle plánů architekta Josefa Mockera. Na jeho ozdobě se podíleli slavní umělci té doby, jako např. sochaři Josef Václav Myslbek, Antonín Procházka nebo malíři Josef Čapek či František Ženíšek. Od roku 1974 byl kostel nejdříve kvůli výstavbě metra a později kvůli rekonstrukci na dlouhou dobu uzavřen. Poté byla otevřena provizorně část jedné lodi, aby mohly probíhat bohoslužby aspoň v improvizovaném prostředí. Slavnostní bohoslužbou, vedenou kardinálem Miloslavem Vlkem, v roce 1992 byla stavba znovu otevřena celá.
Kostel sv. Ludmily je cihlová trojlodní bazilika s příčnou lodí ve tvaru kříže. Její dvě štíhlé šedesátimetrové věže tvoří dominantu nejen náměstí Míru, ale celé Jugoslávské ulice. Každá z věží má 2 zvony. Interiér chrámu vyniká barevností, způsobenou především svými barevnými vitrážemi, a oplývá bohatou malířskou a sochařskou výzdobou. Její výška je přes 60 metrů.

EN:
Easily recognisable by its 60 metre high twin spires, the Church was built in the second half of the 19th century to accomodate the fast growing congregation in the Vinohrady district. This congregation remains large today aswell and the church also has an impressive organ and church choir.
The church was designed by the architect Joseph Mocker who was also involved in the building of St Vitus cathedral. The structure consists of a triple nave basilica with a cross shaped transversal nave. It is here that the remains of St Ludmila and St Wencleslas lie.
Josef Vaclav Myslbek the sculptor famous for the statue of St Wencleslas in Wencleslas Square, worked on the interior and exterior designs notably the sculptures around the portal.The Archbishop of Prague Cardinal Frantisek de Paula Schon Born laid the foundation stone on 25th November 1888 and the church was consecrated on 8th October 1893.

DE:
Die neogotische Kirche auf dem Friedensplatz (Náměstí míru) im Stadtteil Vinohrady wurde in den Jahren 188-92 nach Plänen des Architekten Josef Mocker erbaut. Die aus Ziegelsteinen errichtete dreischiffige Basilika mit Querschiff birgt die sterblichen Überreste der tschechischen Landespatronen, der hl. Ludmilla und des hl. Wenzel. Der schlanke 60 m hohe Doppelturm stellt den markantesten Punkt des Stadtteils Vinohrady dar. An der Innenausstattung der Kirche beteiligten sich die bedeutendsten tschechischen Künstler ihrer Zeit, der Bildhauer Josef Václav Myslbek und der Maler František Ženíšek.

Informace o krabičce:
Místo: 6.
Logbook: 35.
Krabička: 18.
Počet zmizení: 16
Poslední kontrola: 24.6.2022

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

[CZ] mnbxncbixn; mr fr ybtobbx oeml mncyav, zv cebfvz cvfgr gebpuh qbcerqh n ar nm xqlm fr arav xnz mncvfbing. Qrxhwv.
[EN] oruvaq enva thggre
[DE] uvagre Qnpuevaar

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)