In the late 1840’s Lutherans of German origin residing on the north shore of Staten Island asked The Rev. Hermann Clauder, Pastor of the Moravian Church in New Dorp, to conduct religious services in their own language. Worship was held twice a month in the Sunday school room of the Dutch Reformed Church in Port Richmond. The first service was held on Sunday, October 15, 1848.
On October 17, 1852, the congregation organized under the name of the “German Evangelical Lutheran Congregation at Port Richmond.” The congregation voted to purchase the Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church located at here for $2,500 and on April 30, 1853, the congregation formally purchased Trinity Church. The dedication took place on August 7, 1853.
To solve this Cache:
Find the Knabe Family stone with 7 members listed
The Final Cords are:
N 40’ 37.DSJ
W. 074’ 07. WOF