Irving Heritage House
This house facing east was built in 1912 by C. P. Schulze, brother of J. O. Schulze, co-founder of Irving. He hired Joffre to build the house that is now located at 303 S. O’Connor Rd. near downtown Irving. Originally the street was named Iowa. The house has been restored to look much like it did in the early part of the 20th century with original family antiques and is open for tours the first Sunday of each month. It belongs to the city and is managed by The Irving Heritage Society. In the back yard is a gazebo and Mary’s Playhouse which was an old chicken coop that the Schulze’s daughter, Mary, used as a playhouse. Read a bit more about the house on the historic marker sign. For a virtual tour of the house, click here.
Park in the nearby lot at First United Methodist Church and walk over the the Heritage House. Note: The House next door is on the Historical Registry, but it is a private residence.
The cache should be a fairly easy find with lots of swag. Happy Hunting!!!
This cache is part of Celebrating Irving: The City and The Man, April 2017