For some background information on this area, see Steven Mix's History of Laundry Farm Canyon.
There's a lot of poison oak in the area, but only off-trail. If you stay on the trails and don't go bushwacking you'll be fine. There's a trailhead at elevation 410' and one at 880'; the cache is at 620'. It's fairly well hidden from plundering eyes, please put it all the way back in its hiding place.
The cache is a 7.62mm ammo box. Please replace it exactly where you found it, pushed all the way back. Initial contents:
- Geocaching info sheet.
- A notepad and two pens, to log your visit.
- A metallic-purple lizard-shaped bottle opener keyfob.
- A metallic-black whistle keyfob.
- Three Singing Science CDs.
- An assortment of coins and tokens.
- A bunch of Sanrio stickers.
- A purple Tornado Tube.
- Two multi-colored ping pong balls.
- A bottle of Tecnu.
- Some green army men and dinosaurs.
There's a lot of trash in the immediate area - in particular, empty spray paint cans and nozzles! You are encouraged to bring a bag and remove some.