Castle Frank Station, opened in 1966, is named after the community that it serves. Its streets, and the brook that flows through it, are in turn named after John Graves Simcoe's summer residence in the area overlooking the Don River, which burned down in 1829. The residence was named after his son Francis Simcoe. In 1954 a historical marker was placed in Prince Edward Viaduct Parkette, near the site of the historic Castle Frank residence, on the south side of Bloor Street at Castle Frank Road.
The Parliament streetcar operated to its northerly terminus at the Viaduct Loop until 1966. No consideration was given to construct the short connection, from that location at Bloor Street East and Parliament Street across the Rosedale Ravine, which would have made the streetcar route a genuine feeder line to the subway station. The site of the streetcar loop is now Bloor - Parliament Parkette.
Bring your own pen. Please make sure the container lid is firmly shut. New container: 16-9-18.
FTF: Catapocalypse & kellykaym