The station opened in 1966 and is located in Toronto's Greektown neighbourhood at the northeast corner of Pape Avenue and Lipton Avenue, just north of Danforth Avenue.
This was formerly the site of the Lipton Loop, which opened in 1927 as the terminus of the discontinued Harbord streetcar route, which ran south on Pape to downtown, and the 56 Leaside bus route serving Leaside and now connecting to the subway at Donlands station.
The Church of the Holy Name, a prominent architectural landmark, is located nearby.
The Taste of the Danforth street festival takes place for three days in August on the stretch of Danforth west of Pape.
Centennial College's Story Arts Centre, home to Communications, Media and Design programs, is located just north of the station.
P&G. BYOP. High traffic area. Simply a log, nothing fancy here.