The cache is not located at the posted coordinates. Do not enter the water or walk on the ice.
Stage 1 - "Dedication to the Future" Christian Petersen, Danish-American sculptor, was artist-in-residence at Iowa State University from 1934-1955. Use the sculpture and plaque to find clues to the coordinates for Stage 2.
N 42° AB.CDE’
W 092° FD.GHA’
- A = E – E
- B = Number of figures on the central pedestal
- C = (Year erected second digit) - (Year erected third digit)
- D = Number of figures seated or reclining
- E = Year erected fourth digit
- F = B + C
- G = 2D
- H = Total number of figures in sculpture
Stage 2: “Les Tetes Hurlantes” Antoine Bourdelle. Use the sculpture and plaque to find clues to the coordinates for the final cache.
N 42° AB.CDA’
W 092° EF.DDC’
- A = C – C
- B = Year of sculptor’s death third digit
- C = Number of tetes hurlantes
- D = (Year of sculptor’s death fourth digit) - (Year of sculptor’s death third digit)
- E = Year given to the center third digit
- F = 2B
After you’ve found the cache, please consider visiting the excellent art exhibits housed inside FFC during the posted hours. You may be surprised at the quality of these collections! Collections include the Fisher Impressionist Art Collection and a Ceramic Study Collection. Pieces include: Mary Cassatt's (1845-1926) “Mother and Child”, Edgar Degas' (1834-1917) “Dancers on Stage”, and Henri Matisse’s (1869-1954) “Nature Morte"
FCC Art Center Office Hours are Monday - Thursday 8:30 - 4:00 and Friday 8:30 to Noon
Learn more at http://www.theartcentermarshalltown.org/
Congratulations to Sidetrax 2 and IHCC149 for the FTF. "The early bird catches the worm."