How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A fairly easy hike that is less than a mile to the other side of the lake puts you in the general area. You could also use a canoe.
This Municipality of Anchorage park is beautiful and offers a multitude of recreational opportunities. Dog mushing, horse back riding, cross country skiing, fishing, and hiking are some of the activities one can enjoy here. Now we can add Geocaching to the list.
Access Beach Lake Road off of the Birchwood Loop Road. Park at the Beach Lake parking lot at N 61º 24.050 W 149º 33.906. There is no fee for parking at this access point.
The cache is a tupperware container covered with genuine Alaskan duct tape. The cache contains a wonderful assortment of items sure to please.
For an additional little side hunt, check out the memorial at N 61º 24.470 W 149º 33.122 for a sobering reminder of the dangers present in the Alaskan outdoors.
Gnxr gur jryy-gebqqra cngu nebhaq gur jrfg rqtr bs gur ynxr be ynhapu n pnabr.
Gur pnpur fvgf va n fyvtug qrcerffvba orgjrra gjb ynetr gerrf, gur gehaxf bs juvpu ner nobhg 5 srrg ncneg ng gur onfr naq pbzr gbtrgure naq gbhpu nobhg 10 srrg nobir gur tebhaq. (frr cvpgherf) Bar bs gurfr gerrf vf n OVT zngher ovepu. Gur bgure gerr unf n terng qrny bs zbbfr purjvat hc uvtu juvpu znxrf n angheny fbeg bs oynmr.
- The Duct Taped Tupperware Container
- The Cache in it's location (Warning - Spoiler)
- The Path/Road to the Cache
- My Caching Crew
- Common Loon on the nestWhile fly fishing from a canoe on Beach Lake in the spring of 2003, I happened to come across this Common Loon sitting on her nest. I quickly took a few pictures before moving away to prevent disturbing her.
- Common Loon on the nest #2
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum