It's International Geocaching day!
GeoVenture Challenge: Canada 150
The Manitoba Geocaching Association (MBGA) is hosting its 12th Annual GeoVenture!
For more info please visit GeoVenture 2017.
Saturday, August 19, 1-5 PM
The starting point is on Gimli Beach, just North of the changing shelter at the end of Barneythomas Dr. Look for the Geocaching event sign and meet Glacier_Ice at the coordinates for your game sheet and game rules, and be ready to play! OR, come hang out on the beach for the afternoon with us!
This challenge WILL require the use of a vehicle. (Unless you're staying at the beach, then you'll need sunscreen.) So plan to get together in teams to save gas. There will be an extensive amount of driving. HPVs are not really recommended for this year's challenge.
Heed the words of Marvin Candle...
1) There will be poison Ivy and prickly plants. We don't recommend shorts and sandals.
2) There will be mosquitoes. Bug spray is wise.
3) You will need a Park pass
4) It will behoove you to stay very hydrated.
5) This game is not a foot, it is just a game. A challenge if you will, but not a 'foot'.
6) This list WILL change closer to GeoVenture... because Marvin Candle is an evil game master.
If you arrive late at the starting point and the host, Glacier_ice is gone. You can find him back at camp. Group use C. The challenge packages will be there.
Camping has been cancelled!
(You may still need a Parks Manitoba pass!)