Everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Bring your muggle friends, too!
- We'll be socializing, eating and having events from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Bring food and your favorite geocaching stories to share.
- Don't forget your GPS so you can spend some time caching.
GONIL will provide…
- The Barbeque supplies (BYO Meat!!)
- Update: A gracious & valued Chicago geocacher & GONIL member has decided to donate hot dogs, buns & condiments! They will be first come, first served so get 'em while they last! Many thanks to the donor, who wishes to remain anonymous!
- Napkins, plates, forks, knives, etc.
POTLUCK! Because Variety is the Spice of Picnic:
Please bring a dish/beverage to share according to the first letter of your real last name using the following list:
- A-D bring chips and dips
- E-L bring sides (salads, finger snacks, etc.)
- M-Q bring water
- R-Z bring other sodas, juice, tea, etc.
- Use this as a guideline. If you make a dish that you know folks will love then bring that. Feel free to post a note as to what you are bringing.
- If you have a cooler and ice you can bring, please bring that as well
- Meats to cook (there will be hot dogs provided on a first come/first served basis)
- Tables, Chairs, Picnic Blankets
- Pop up canopies or shelters for shade (or in case it rains)
- 500 Hickory Nut Grove Road, Cary, IL
ALCOHOL may not be consumed within 100 feet of a parking area. The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
AMPLIFIED MUSIC is prohibited at all District sites.
BICYCLES allowed only upon roadways, parking areas and designated bicycle trails.
FIRES permitted in designated areas only.
PETS must be leashed at all times.
PLANTS shall not be removed, disturbed, harmed or destroyed in any way within conservation sites.
TRAILS are maintained to preserve the natural qualities of the sites. Off-trail use is not allowed without prior approval.
Some details on the schedule of events:
- 11:30-2pm: Split the Pot Raffle - Dolla dolla billz y'all! Volunteers will be wandering around during the event selling chances to “split the pot” with GONIL. There will be raffle “pots” going for $1, $5, and $10. For example, if the $10 pot sells 50 tickets, you could be looking at $250 coming to you. Not bad!
- 11:30-1:30 pm: 2017 Travel Bug Race - We'll have more details on how to enter closer to the event. We will have limited number of travel tags available for last-minute sale at the merchandise tent, but please purchase and prepare your travel bug in in advance if at all possible!
- 12:00 GONIL Store opens
- 12:15 pm: Food is served - Yumyum!
- 1:30-2:00: Ammo Can Bozo Buckets? We'll have an adult and then kids version.
- 2:00-2:30: Kids activities! - Fun and games for MiniCachers. Please do plan to stay with your kids while they play.
- 2:45 (ish) Group Photo
- 3:00 (ish) 2016 Travel Bug Race winners announced, raffles, prizes
- All hands on deck to CITO the area and leave it better than we found it!