After four successful CITOs in the City of Auburn, we're moving back to Lewiston for the fifth MSC CITO! We hope to see everyone there :)
There are presently more than 500 active geocaches within a 10 mile radius of the "MSC CITO" Headquarters. Many of these caches are hidden in city owned parks and along trails systems that are located on public lands. Most of these caches have one thing in common...There is litter, trash, and improperly disposed of household junk nearby.
* All participants will be asked to register at the CITO Headquarters.
* All participants will be registered in teams. Teams may consist of any number of people.
* Participants will be allowed to CITO while caching within the City of Lewiston.
* Trash bags and vinyl gloves will be supplied.
* Participants will be asked to bring collected trash / junk to the CITO Headquarters.
* Participants who find items too big or heavy to be handled alone or too large to be carried in their vehicle, may call CITO Headquarters for assistance/pick-up.
* All participants should return to CITO Headquarters by 3:00 PM for final check-in and the closing assembly / awards presentation.
Saturday - September 30th
9:00 AM -Registration Opens
3:00 PM - Final Trash Check-in
3:15 PM - Closing Assembly & Awards
THE GOODIES & PRIZES:
*Coffee, Doughnuts, and Juice will be supplied at CITO Headquarters during registration.
*Ice Cold Bottled Water will be supplied at CITO Headquarters throughout the day.
$$ Cash & Prize Micros $$
There will be micro containers hidden across the city.
The caches will not be published...Coordinates will be assigned to participants throughout the day.
Upon registration, each team will be given the coordinates to one of the micros.
Once found, the container & enclosed log must be turned in at CITO Headquarters, along with a bag of trash, in order to receive a $5 prize AND the coordinates to another micro.
In addition to the Cash & Prize Micros, teams will have chances to win other prizes - the exact structure is TBD.
We are still in the process of securing prizes and handouts. Any contributions would be gladly accepted. Anyone wishing to contribute should contact Luc Caron or Jeremy Bernier.
Team Norac's Jeremy Bernier = CITO Co-Chairman
Team Norac's Luc Caron = CITO Co-Chairman
And the Board of Directors of Troop 160 Memorial Scout Camp.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Other than your geocaching tools of the trade, you really do not have to bring anything with you, except for a hankering to do some serious CITO!
* Although vinyl gloves will be supplied...You may want to bring a pair of leather work gloves with you.
* Pickup trucks would be useful at some of the sites that are littered with large pieces of junk