Spanning the globe and the seven seas, we introduce you to the infamous Captain Mary Hyde. Her ship, TheGolden Cache, was the fiercest, and the bearded buccaneers and sea legged sailors reported to her. Legend has it that she ruled the high seas for many years, and found no shortage of riches throughout her reign.
We’ve come upon a battered letter, found in a bottle on the shore near Geocaching HQ, with the infamous crest of Captain Mary Hyde. It seems there is one last treasure yet to be found.
Avast ye! Join us for a swashbuckling geocaching adventure through daring feats and stormy seas. Make yer way through a four week souvenir journey to find the lost treasure of Mary Hyde. Up to six digital souvenir moments are up for grabs, and on Geocaching.com is something new to be had…
Some days you’ll be up, and some maybe down, but the only goal is to have fun all around. You’ll want some friends and a desire to cache because this new feature may show who’s first and who ye could pass.
- July 15-16 – Build your crew by attending or hosting an event and earn a souvenir. The more friends you have on Geocaching.com, the easier it will be to keep sailing on…
- July 17 – 23 – Though the treasure may seem far away, if you work together you’ll earn the first map piece one day.
- July 24 – 30 – Don’t be afraid to take the lead, to earn the next map piece you already have everything that you need.
- July 31 – August 6 – When you work with a crew, earning the third map piece becomes easier to do.
- August 7 – 13 – Challenge yourself to earn the last piece, or else the search for lost treasure will never cease.
Time: 18:00 to 20:00 or the last pirate leaves the Ship
Place: The Black Pearl Pirate Ship.... (our house in Lampiesbaai)
Come join us for some gruel and grog (or whatever else tickles your fancy).
Bring your own gruel and grog (braai en dop)
Well make a fire so you can throw your gruel on to cook. Braaing not a prequisite to log the event, signing the Captain's Log is however a prerequisite.
Please acknowledge your attendance by logging a Will Attend so that numbers can be confirmed.