Skip to Content

Traditional Geocache

Paroisse Saint-Ignace des Saules - CANADA150

A cache by GeocachetteCÉCS Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 7/13/2017
In Saskatchewan, Canada
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

This is a Canada 150 project that aims to present places and people important for the Francophone community of Saskatchewan. More information : Geocaching CÉCS

Ceci est un projet Canada 150 qui vise à faire découvrir des personnalités et lieux importants pour la communauté francophone de la Saskatchewan. Plus d'information : Géocachette CÉCS


PAROISSE SAINT-IGNACE DES SAULES – CANADA150

* Please BYOP * You are looking for a small bison tube.

Father Saint-Germain arrived to establish the Francophone Catholic parish of Saint-Ignace-des-Saules in Willow Bunch at Christmas in 1880. The first child baptised there, on January 9, 1881, was Édouard Beaupré, later known as "the Beaupré giant".

The first church was built by Father Saint-Germain, a few kilometers east of the present location of Willow Bunch, at a place that would be known as Bonneauville.

There was already talk of moving the church to a spot near the Légaré store in the village of Willow Bunch. However, Father Saint-Germain opposed this, even though Jean-Louis Légaré offered to donate 80 acres of land for the new church. In 1905, Father Alphonse Lemieux was appointed parish priest of Saint-Ignace-des-Saules parish. His first duty was to see to the  construction of a rectory and a church. The same year, he had the old chapel at Bonneauville demolished. The material from it was used in the construction of the rectory.


* S'il vous plaît, apportez votre crayon * Vous cherchez un petit tube noir.

Noël 1880, le Père Saint-Germain vient établir la paroisse catholique francophone de Saint-Ignace-des-Saules à Willow Bunch. Le 9 janvier 1881, un premier enfant est baptisé, soit Édouard Beaupré, connu plus tard comme « le géant Beaupré ».

La première église est construite par le Père Saint-Germain à quelques kilomètres à l'est de l'emplacement actuel de Willow Bunch, à un endroit qui allait être connu sous le nom de Bonneauville.

Mais déjà, on parle de déménager l'église près du magasin de Légaré dans le village de Willow Bunch. Toutefois, le Père Saint-Germain s'y oppose même si Jean-Louis Légaré a offert de faire un don de 80 acres de terre pour la nouvelle église. En 1905, l'abbé Alphonse Lemieux est nommé curé de la paroisse Saint-Ignace-des-Saules. Sa première responsabilité est de voir à construire un presbytère et une église. L'année même, il fait démolir l'ancienne chapelle à Bonneauville. Le matériel est utilisé dans la construction du presbytère.

Additional Hints (No hints available.)



 

Find...

6 Logged Visits

Found it 5     Publish Listing 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 2 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 7:43:51 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (3:43 PM GMT)
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page