Alexandra is located in Victoria, Australia – within the Murrindindi Shire. It is a town that proudly features a number of preserved historical buildings, dating back to 1850. Alexandra is located near the Goulburn River and is surrounded by rich pastoral land, breathtaking mountain ranges and majestic waterways.
Take your time to look around Lake Eildon. Relax and enjoy the view, or experience the thrill of water sports like waterskiing, kayaking and wakeboarding. You'll find some of the best trout fishing Victoria has to offer in the nearby waterways. For breathtaking views, the striking Cathedral Range State Park offers invigorating hikes to the furrowed pinnacles, or for that adrenaline rush, the mountain offers some great rock climbing. Explore the Lake Eildon National Park, enjoy the wineries of the region, or for that family adventure, visit the Alexandra Timber Tramway and Museum or have a picnic in one of the many parks or reserves.
Rainbow Trout is a GeoArt series of caches with a range of puzzles – some easy, some quite hard.
The Cache is a one litre poly pipe with room for swaps and trackables. BYO pen. Please return the cache as you found it.
Don’t go to the listed co-ordinates, as it may be on private property, up a mountain range, or at the bottom of the Goulburn River, and the cache is not located there anyhow. Use the puzzle below to find the actual cache location.
The Puzzle –
Randolph the Rat is a Travel Bug that has been travelling with us, sitting on the dashboard, for several years.
He figured that he isn't tall enough to stand behind a table helping people at the Mega, but he could contribute by placing in a puzzle.
When the fad of T5 tree climbs came to Beechworth, Randolph, being a somewhat adventurous rat, decided that he should put out a tree cache in the lovely avenue of Mayday oak trees lining the Rail Trail.
That was the first cache of what has become a series of 15 caches (14 and a final) around the area.
To solve Randolph's puzzle, you need to use the images on the cache pages to answer the following questions:
14. In the vintage race, what is the number (AB) on the car in front of Randolph? A+B=
11. The Shooter ID (CDED) for BettyBoo? D=
1. How many cache containers was Randolph carrying up the tree? =
8. The Number of Windows on the churches? =
5. How many external batteries are attached to his electric bike? =
12. How many torches does he have on his helmet? =
13. How many gliders are waiting to use the takeoff ramp? =
2. How many bulbs of garlic are in his TOTT? =
3. How many small rocks are in front of him? =
15. The number of bike wheels visible in the photo? =
10. The Distance (RHkm) of the Rat Hoppet? R =
7. The date (MN-P-QR) on the photo of the grand entrance? M+Q+R =
4. The Number of cannons on the side of the galleon? =
6. What time (ST:UV) did he finish his 105km ride? T+U-V =
9. When, as a number (YZ), does he allus has wan? Y+Z =