This cache is on Black Island in Rock Lake. This island is uninhabited crown land. How to get there is left as an exercise for the cacher. The cache can be reached without a boat in winter, but only attempt it if you know how safe the ice is.
The cache is hidden underneath the root end of a large fallen tree, near an open rocky area with good sky view. GPS estimated position error was 6m. The cache is covered with pieces of rotten wood to hide it from view, please return it that way.
I don't expect this cache to get much traffic, so it is made to last: The container itself is a 1 gallon screw lid tupperware container (10cm round opening) standing upright, inside a snap-lid ice cream bucket that is upside-down. It will stay dry indefinitely if you leave it that way again. Please put in no food nor anything else aromatic that would tempt animals to destroy it.
Now, for the initial contents:
And of course, log book, pencils and sharpener.
- Air Transat goodie bag: Travel socks, blindfold, ear bud earphones, adapter plug (also works on US Air planes).
- "Instant Tac" sticky goo for hanging posters etc.
- Wooden parakeet puzzle
- "Chocolate the Moose" beanie baby (no tag)
- "Buddy Holly Lives" tape
- Jeff Lynne "Armchair Theatre" tape
- Crash test dummy action figure
- Miniature slinky
- Pine cone shaped iron weight from a cuckoo clock
- Electronic baseball pitching game
- Corel Linux foam squeeze cube