A little history of this cache:
- Cache placed by Bobhiker in April of 2003
- New store location in June of 2003 (II)
- Cache adopted by TECGeoJim in July of 2005
- New store location in November of 2005 (III)
- 1000th find of this geocache on 02/19/09 by Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
- New "store" location in July of 2012 (IV)
- 2000th find of the geocache on 07/22/12 by psubrian
Today, this would be listed as a puzzle cache but not back when it was first approved.
This cache is located at a kiosk/cart in the Mall of America. You must solve the puzzle below to figure out the name of the kiosk. Once you figure out the puzzle, locate the kiosk and ask the cashier (or is it cache_ier) for the Mall of America Geocache. If they appear new to this, ask them to call their manager to ask about it. Please then be respectful.
You need to determine 5 letters to figure out the name of the kiosk. You will figure out 5 numbers and then use the system 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, ... 25=Y, 26=Z to determine the letters of the name.
You will need to count things at Nickelodeon Universe and do a little arithmetic.
(1) First number = number of dogs in the "Blue's Skidoo" minus number of trucks in "Big Rigs"
(2) Second number = number of baskets on the "Balloon Race" plus number of large turtles on "Shell Shock"
(3) Third number = number of big orange pillars at "Nu Stuff" minus number of seats in a car of the "Fairly Odd Coaster"
(4) Fourth number = number of seats on the "Avatar Airbender" plus number of support pillars on the "Splat-O-Sphere"
(5) Fifth number = number of gondolas on "El Circulo del Cielo"
Use the numbers to determine the first five letters in the name of the kiosk. Then you have to find the kiosk.
Politely ask for the geocache from the cashier. Please remember to move out of their way so that they may help other customers efficiently. Let the cashier know what you are trading, and also what you are taking from the cache so they don't think you are walking out of the store with their inventory.
I hope you enjoyed this tour of the Mall of America and Nickelodean Universe theme park. Send me an email if any of this does not make sense or if it is confusing. Thanks, TECGeoJim.
Note on trackables: Since this cache is visited by many people on vacation who may not log the cache on-line until they get home, the on-line inventory of trackables is often out-of-date.