Note: Do NOT take pictures of workers or police/military people or security arrangements.
This virtual geocache leads you to the monument in honor of the liquidators, who eliminated the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster.
You are here in front of the nuclear power plant and you can see the new safe confinement, which is covering the old sarcophagus with reactor four.
I think everyone who is in this area knows about the history and what happened here on 26. April 1986.
Rules to log this Geocache:
- Finish this tasks BEFORE logging the cache online as "found it".
- Logs without PRIOR mail to the correct e-mail address (See point 1 + 2) will be deleted without any comment.
- Every single user does need an own answer e-mail. It is NOT allowed to send an e-mail for a couple of user names.
- Logs without the requested pictures (See point 3) will be deleted without any comment.
- Every single log does need a picture. It is NOT allowed to refer to a group picture in another log.
- You have to upload your picture within the next hour after posting your log. If you don't have a picture right now, post your log later. Logs without the requested picture will be deleted frequently.
- Just for your information: In opposit to an earthcache it IS required to upload a picture, if an owner ask for that. Every single log does need this picture!
- It would be nice, if you send your answer e-mail nearly at the same time with your online log, that makes it easier for me to see if you are allowed to log.
- Which year is carved on the south side of the monument in about 1,5m height?
- What is the second word on the English board?
Answer the questions 1 and 2 and send your Geocaching username in the mail-subject to
gc.[answer 1].[answer 2]@gmail.com for example email@example.com.
If your answers are right, you will receive a reply immediatly.
- Take a picture with your GPSr infromt of the monument where I can see that you are navigating to this geocache (At least I need to see the distance to the geocache on the display and the monument or the new safe confinement in the background). Upload this picture to your online log.
Old holiday pictures from past visits of this place will not be accepted.
Example for a logging picture:
Please du not spoil the answers!
Virtual Reward - 2017/2018
This Virtual Cache is part of a limited release of Virtuals created between August 24, 2017 and August 24, 2018. Only 4,000 cache owners were given the opportunity to hide a Virtual Cache. Learn more about Virtual Rewards on the Geocaching Blog.