Thornford Railway Station
Thornford railway station serves the villages of Thornford and Beer Hackett, four miles to the south-west of Sherborne. It is managed by Great Western Railway and is served by trains on the Heart of Wessex Line between Bristol Temple Meads and Weymouth. The un-manned station is a request stop, where passengers signal the driver or ask the guard on the train to arrange for the train to stop if they wish to alight.
The station was opened by the Great Western Railway on 23rd March 1936 as Thornford Bridge Halt. It was renamed in the 1960s to its present shorter name.
This is a traditional cache hidden at the given co-ordinates
The cache is a secured bison tube
PLEASE REPLACE CAREFULLY
There is no parking at the station, but there is an enhanced layby and footpath to the station less than ¼ of a mile away
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series.
More information can be found at the SideTracked website.