Skip to Content

Traditional Geocache

Paroisse Saint-Jacques - CANADA150

A cache by GeocachetteCÉCS Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 10/4/2017
In Saskatchewan, Canada
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

This is a Canada 150 project that aims to present places and people important for the Francophone community of Saskatchewan. More information : Geocaching CÉCS

Ceci est un projet Canada 150 qui vise à faire découvrir des personnalités et lieux importants pour la communauté francophone de la Saskatchewan. Plus d'information : Géocachette CÉCS


PAROISSE SAINT-JACQUES – CANADA150

*Please BYOP* You are looking for a black bison tube.

Paroisse St. Jacques D’Albertville, also known as St. James Roman Catholic Church, is a Municipal Heritage Property located in the centre of the Village of Albertville. The 1922 church is a lofty, wood-frame structure with a central tower and 46-metre steeple.

The congregation dates back to 1910 when the mission church known as St. Jacques d’Henribourg was established in the nearby hamlet of Henribourg. In 1918, the parish of St. James was established and it was decided to build the present church in Albertville. The church has been the hub and focal point of the Village of Albertville since it was completed and has made the village a centre for Roman Catholic culture in the area.

This property is also of heritage value for the architecture of the church. The defining feature of the church is its spire which rises to 46 metres and can be seen for many kilometres in each direction. The church was built of locally-sawn lumber that was hauled from the nearby village of Weirdale. The church was designed by Thomas Raymond, a prominent architect in Quebec City who was responsible for many residential, commercial and ecclesiastical commissions in that city.

Today, the church stands as the dominant landmark in the village.

Instagram contest : click HERE


*S'il vous plaît, apportez votre crayon* Vous cherchez un petit tube noir.

La paroisse Saint-Jacques d’Albertville, aussi connue sous le nom de St. James Roman Catholic Church, est une propriété classée au patrimoine municipal et située au centre du village d’Albertville. Construite en 1922, l’église à la structure de bois comprend une tour centrale avec un clocher de 46 mètres.

En 1910, la mission était connue sous le nom de Saint-Jacques d’Henribourg et située dans le hameau d’Henribourg. La paroisse est établie en 1918 et il est décidé de bâtir l’église que nous connaissons aujourd’hui à Albertville. L’église a été longtemps le point central de la municipalité d’Albertville depuis sa construction.

L’église a aussi une valeur patrimoniale importante pour la région. Le point le plus important du bâtiment est définitivement l’immense clocher visible à plusieurs kilomètres dans toutes les directions. Le bois utilisé dans la construction de l’église vient du village avoisinant de Weirdale. L’architecte à l’origine de l’église était Thomas Raymond du Québec, aussi responsable de plusieurs projets architecturaux dans la région.

Encore aujourd’hui, l’église reste un point important dans la municipalité d’Albertville.

Concours Instagram : cliquez ICI

Additional Hints (No hints available.)



 

Find...

2 Logged Visits

Found it 1     Publish Listing 1     

View Logbook

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated: on 10/7/2017 9:05:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time (4:05 PM GMT)
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page