This Christmas Micro Container Exchange event will be held at the " Kamloops Info Center Parking Lot " by Aberdeen Mall on Sunday, December 10th from 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM.
This is a Micro container Exchange Christmas Event with a twist... it is also a Gift Exchange! You do not have to participate in the gift exchange to log the event as a find but if you do wish to participate in the gift exchange you must follow these rules. Please read the following instructions carefully so that no one will be disappointed...
Micro Container exchange rules
Only one container per geocaching name.
1) Prior to coming to the event, you must hide a gift (Christmas Cache) to be exchanged with another geocacher somewhere within 8 Kilometers of the Kamloops Info. Center. The gift can be whatever you like... gift card, unactivated geocoins, TB dog tags, swag items, cache containers... etc. Please use your own judgement in selecting your gift items and make sure that they are under 15 dollars in value. You may place your gift items in an inexpensive cache container (ie tupperware, LNL, Christmas tin, etc.) and hide it to be found later that day. You may fill the container with Christmas cookies or candy to take up any left over space in the container but make sure your gift container is weather resistant and critter-proof. Don't forget to mark a waypoint for your hidden gift for step 2.
2) You must bring a Micro Container to the event. Inside the Micro Container will be a slip of paper with the coordinates of the Christmas Cache you hide for another cacher to find. In addition, it would be a good idea to write your geocaching name and cell phone number on the paper just in case the Christmas seeker needs a phone-a-friend to find their Christmas Cache.
3) At the event, the Micro Container will be be held by you until the bell rings and you will exchange your Micro with another cacher. The bell will ring two more times to exchange the Micros.
4) After the Micro Container Exchange, you may want to sign the event log and we will take a group photo so make sure you dress appropriately for the weather. Christmas sweaters or scarves and Santa hats, Elf suits or reindeer antlers would add to the event.
5) After the group photo, the event will be over and you may disperse to go find your Christmas Cache. Remember... the entire cache is yours to keep including the container so make sure you take everything with you after the hunt. These containers are not to be left behind or published as a regular cache.
6) When you log the event as attended, please thank the cacher who hid your Christmas Cache for the gift. You may share what your Christmas Cache contained if you like and feel free to post pictures of the Christmas Cache too. You can even post a picture of the hiding spot since this is not a regular cache hide.