Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017
Place: Cedar Rapids Pizza Ranch - 2450 Westdale Drive SW Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404 (You do not need to buy a meal in order to log the event or participate in the exchange-but who can resist Pizza Ranch food???)
Time: 11:30 am
This is a Micro Container Exchange Holiday Event with a twist... it is also a Gift Exchange! You do not have to participate in the gift exchange to log the event as a find but if you do wish to participate in the gift exchange you must follow these rules. Please read the following instructions carefully so that no one is disappointed...
MICRO CONTAINER EXCHANGE RULES-PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1) Prior to coming to the event, you must hide a gift to be exchanged with another Geocacher somewhere within 10 miles of the Cedar Rapids Pizza Ranch. The gift can be whatever you like... gift card, unactivated geocoins, TB dog tags, swag items, cache containers... etc. Please use your own judgement in selecting your gift items and make sure that they are between 10-15 dollars in value. You may place your gift items in a secure cache container (i.e. Tupperware, Lock and Lock, Christmas tin, etc.) and hide it to be found later that day. Please make sure your gift container is weather resistant and critter-proof. Don't forget to mark a waypoint for your hidden gift for step 2.
2) You must bring a Micro Container to the event. This can be a bison, a matchstick container, or even a pill bottle - feel free to decorate the container! Inside the Micro Container will be a slip of paper with the coordinates of the Christmas Cache you hid for another cacher to find. In addition, it would be a good idea to write your geocaching name and cell phone number on the paper just in case the Christmas seeker needs a phone-a-friend to find their Christmas Cache.
3) At the beginning of the event, the Micro Container will be placed in a bowl and mixed up. Once the majority of cachers are done eating, we will start the Micro Container Exchange. Everyone who places a Micro Container in the bowl will then be able to randomly choose another Micro Container from the bowl. For those families with multiple cachers, you may bring more than one Micro Container but there must be one Christmas Cache hidden for each Micro Container placed in the bowl or someone will be disappointed.
4) After the event is over, you may disperse to go find your Christmas Cache. Remember... the entire cache is yours to keep including the container so make sure you take everything with you after the hunt. These containers are not to be left behind or published as a regular cache.>
5) When you log the event as attended, please thank the cacher who hid your Christmas Cache for the gift. You may share what your Christmas Cache contained if you like and feel free to post pictures of the Christmas Cache too. You can even post a picture of the hiding spot since this is not a regular cache hide.
You can be as creative as you want in hiding your Christmas Cache. You can make it a traditional type cache, or you can make it a puzzle-cache or multi-cache to make the hunt more fun. Use your imagination!
Feel free to wear an ugly sweater, wear reindeer antlers, santa clause hats, etc!
Email me if you have any questions concerning the rules.
Here are some examples of micro containers that were brought last year!