1ST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE
Saturday, December 9, 2017
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
ATTEND AN EVENT, FIND A CACHE, AND GO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING - ALL IN ONE DAY.. HOW BETTER CAN IT GET?
Coordinates will lead you to a parking lot of a recently closed grocery store. Flash Mob will begin at 11am and last for 30 minutes. The Christmas card exchange will start right after. You don't have to participate in the Card Exchange to come. Stop by and sign the log. The more, the merrier!! Dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
1. Buy or make a Christmas card.
2. Make a non-micro cache container. It can be a Tupperware, lock n lock, tin, ammo box, anything that is water tight.
3. Fill it with a log, swag, travel bugs, candy, cookies. Don't spend more than $20.
4. On the way to the event, hide the container within 10 miles of the event location. Follow geocaching.com list guidelines. Don't make it overly difficult as weather conditions and cacher experience will be unknown.
5. Note the waypoint coordinates and mark it inside the Christmas card. Sign the card with your Geocaching name. You may want to add your cell phone number in case further help is needed.
6. At the event, drop your card off in the box and take a number. If you bring multiple cards, take one number for each card.
7. After the Flash Mob, we will draw cards. Just don't take your own. 😄 Only take a card if you brought a card.
8. Open the card and go find your cache. Please remember, this is your container now so take the whole thing. Don't leave anything there. Enjoy the contents.
9. When you log the event, make sure to thank the person who gave you the cache. That way they know their cache was picked up. We don't want to leave any cookies for the wildlife.
Nsgrejneqf gurer ner cyragl bs arneol nernf gb svavfu lbhe Puevfgznf fubccvat.
- Christmas Card Exchange - sign inEagleIZ, 8Nuts, & 1Linden registering their Christmas Cards. BobCarol observing so they don't mess up.
Those cupcakes look awfully good - yum!
- RGV GeocachersWe are ready to exchange our Christmas Cards and go find our cache 'presents.'
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum