The Team & The Weekend
- The idea of this weekend was realized with the help of Anton (Jors) & Edward (Worsed)
- Fellow cachers will be approached for ideas and challenges.
- There will be at least 26 caches on both the hiking & cycling routes for Saturday.
- There will be at least 13 caches on both the hiking & cycling routes for Sunday.
Lucky 13th of April 2018 - Friday
- Arrive at Ezemvelo Nature Reserve reception any time from 14:00 (S 25 42.216 E028 56.706)
- Arrange payments of the required fees directly to Ezemvelo Nature Reserve.
- Camping sites, chalets and family huts (not on same premises) are available.
- Fires will be made, so please bring along some braai wood! Please bring own food and drinks as well as cutlery as nothing will be provided.
- Bedtime - This will happen some time that night!!
14th of April 2018 - Saturday
15th of April 2018 - Sunday
- Arise and shine!!
- Breakfast - Please bring own breakfast.
- Starting at 08:00, the first of two groups will be going. The first is a hiking trail of about 12.5 km in the Reserve. At 08h30 the second group will be cycling group on a 22 km route. This is NOT compulsory!! Both will take you
about 4+ hours to complete. Search for all the caches in the area.
- Saturday afternoon will be a Challenge of the shooting kind - to recover from the earlier exercises.
- Saturday evening will host the Sundowner . Please bring your own drinks and glasses and join us for a relaxing time watching the sun go down.
- The braai fires will be lit once we return from the Sundowner event. Please bring own food and drinks as well as cutlery as nothing will be provided.
- Arise and shine!!
- Starting at 08:300, the first of two groups will be going. The first is a hiking
trail of about 4.5 km in the Reserve. At 09h00 the second group will be cycling
group on a 12.5 km route. This is NOT compulsory!! Both will take you
about 2+ hours to complete. Search for all the caches in the area.
- Both is also a CITO-event, to close off the activities at Ezemveo Nature Reserve
- Brunch can be prepared afterwards and depart on your own time.
- For those who are unable to attend the sleepover and are willing to drive through any time over the weekend to join us, PLEASE do so! I would like to make this event accessible to everyone.
- You do not have to sleep over to claim the event and normal access fees will apply!
- This event can be logged any day of the weekend.
Pricing and accommodation
Please visit the website at www.ezemvelo.co.za for pricing and accommodation.
Ezemvelo Nature Reserve
Ezemvelo Nature Reserve is the hidden beauty of Gauteng. Located a mere hour’s drive from OR Tambo International airport and 45 minutes from Pretoria, it is easily accessible by all.
The reserve offers an array of comfortable self-catering accommodation types to suite your needs, as well as a wonderful natural experience, with a wide variety of general game and bird species to be seen. Together these make Ezemvelo the perfect place to break away from busy city life.
A wide range of activities are on offer, from fishing to mountain biking, ensuring fun for the whole family.