The building just west of cache location was the former Cornell School.
Cornell had a very fine school system, built in 1914, where the present school building stands. The Cornell Consolidated School had only 11 grades until 1935, when the first 12 year students graduated. As time passed, a new gym was added, and the last class graduating in 1959.
In 1960, Cornell consolidated with Sioux Rapids School District and junior high students continued to use the building until 1967. After that, the building was purchased by a local couple. There was a museum on the top floors and private home on the lower level. The museum closed in the 1990's. The building was sold in 2006 and has been a private home since that time.