Let's gather at Devils Glen Park from 7 - 8 PM to talk about our summer achievements. In order to spice up your summer here's an optional challenge to complete. The cacher with the most points will be granted the title of King or Queen of Summer and showered with at least one gift...
Caches found between 26 May and 3 September 2018 can be used to calculate your points.
Complete as many of the following challenges as you can:
1. Find two caches on the same day in the same state. You get Z points for the distance between the two where Z = (Distance between caches in miles)*0.118.
2. Find two caches at different heights. You get Y points for the change in elevation where Y = (Difference in elevation in feet)*0.005.
3. How many icons have you found? You get 2 points per icon!
4. How many different US states have you found a caches in? You get two points per state! Washington DC counts as a state...
5. Find two caches on different sides of a river. The caches must be within one mile of the river. You get X points for the distance between the two where X = 0.05*(distance between the two caches).
6. Attend an event in each month during the summer! You get 10 points for each event in a different month! If you attend two or more events in one month you still only get ten points.
7. In a single day, between 0:00 and 23:59, find two caches. You get W points for the distance between the two where X = (Distance between caches in miles)*0.05!
8. Be First To Find on any two caches. You get V points for the elevation difference where V = (Difference in elevation in feet)*0.005.
9. Find a really old cache, 50 points for a 2000; 35 points for a 2001; 25 points for a 2002; 15 points for a 2003 cache.
10. Find twelve caches in one day. Add up the difficulty and terrain stars and divide by 2.4.
11. Complete a portion of a Geo-Tour to you earn a prize. For example you could complete The Butler County Donut GeoTour and earn the geocoin or you could complete the Utah GeoTour for one county and earn the patch for that county. You must show you won a prize. You will earn 25 points for this task!
12. Complete a Road Trip - In 72 hours cover at least five states, with a minimum of two cache finds in each state and a minimum of two different icons in each state for 50 points!