Skip to Content

<

Santuário Mãe de Deus

A cache by AntMadeira Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 06/15/2018
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


santuário

 

SANTUÁRIO MÃE DE DEUS

Português

O Santuário Arquidiocesano Nossa Senhora Madre de Deus é uma igreja católica localizada no topo do morro da Pedra Redonda, próximo à Estrada dos Alpes, em Porto Alegre.
O projeto para o edifício data de 1987, mas sua construção atrasou devido a preocupações de ordem ambiental, e sua pedra fundamental só pôde ser lançada em 16 de agosto de 1992, sendo consagrada pelo arcebispo de Colônia, o cardeal Joachim Meisner. Foi concluído em junho de 2000, integrando-se nas comemorações do Terceiro Milênio.

Tem 700 m² de área construída, divididos em dois pavimentos. É uma estrutura de aço, tijolos e vidro de linhas arrojadas, definidas principalmente pelo grande telhado em duas águas que organiza todo o conjunto e se estende até o nível do solo. Possui uma série de vitrais ilustrativos do Antigo Testamento e dos Sacramentos, e uma grande estátua da Padroeira, vinda da Itália e esculpida em madeira de tília. É um Santuário muito procurado também pelas belezas ecológicas e pela espetacular vista de 360 graus de Porto Alegre e cidades adjacentes, incluindo o estuário Guaíba e a entrada da Lagoa dos Patos (farol de Itapuã). Por isso, o ônibus turismo da Prefeitura passa várias vezes por dia pelo local.

O complexo do Santuário compreende um campanário independente e instalações sanitárias para o grande público que comparece nas ocasiões festivas e romarias. Para estes eventos, foi instalado um altar ao ar livre na esplanada defronte ao templo, de onde se pode também apreciar uma vista magnífica de toda a região de Porto Alegre e do estuário do Guaíba.

Quando, em 1626, o santo missionário jesuíta Roque Gonzales, procedente do Paraguai, atravessou o rio Uruguai penetrando no solo gaúcho, batizou essa região com o nome Guarani Tupan-cy-retan = terra da Mãe de Deus. Em 1773, o então governador do Rio Grande do Sul, Cel. José Marcellino de Figueiredo, ao transferir a capital de Viamão para Porto Alegre, com permissão da autoridade eclesiástica, também mudou o padroeiro, que era S. Francisco das Chagas, para o de N. Sra. Madre (Mãe) de Deus. Dessa data até nossos dias, a Mãe de Deus é a padroeira da Capital e da Arquidiocese de Porto Alegre. E, por esse motivo, a Catedral é dedicada à Mãe de Deus.

Em 6 de dezembro de 1981, quando Dom Cláudio Colling assumiu o comando da Arquidiocese de Porto Alegre, viu que pouco existia para homenagear a Padroeira. Poucos dias depois, o Arcebispo decidiu construir um santuário arquidiocesano, dedicado a Nossa Senhora Mãe de Deus e a Igreja.

Era necessário dar início ao que Dom Cláudio havia idealizado. Um cristão chamado Paulo Marsiaj de Oliveira doou sete hectares nos altos do Morro da Pedra Redonda e, Ivo Nedeff, renomado arquiteto, se responsabilizou pelo projeto. Em 1988, o arcebispo anunciou o início a construção, porém, por motivos burocráticos, a obra começou apenas em 1994.

Uma imagem de Nossa Senhora Mãe de Deus, esculpida em madeira, no norte da Itália, foi doada pela Congregação dos Padres Orionitas e colocada no interior do Santuário. A estátua foi benta pelo Papa João Paulo II em Roma, em 1988. O Santuário foi inaugurado em 20 de agosto de 2000 e contou com a presença do cardeal Joachim Meisner, arcebispo de Colônia, Alemanha.

Desde 1 de janeiro de 2010, os Missionários Redentoristas (congregação fundada por Santo Afonso de Ligório, em 1732) foram convocados para administrar o Santuário da Padroeira de Porto Alegre. Os redentoristas também atendem outros grandes locais de peregrinação como Aparecida, Divino Pai Eterno, Bom Jesus da Lapa, Perpétuo Socorro (Curitiba, Belém, etc.).

O santuário está aberto ao público todos os dias das 9h00 às 17h00 e as missas realizam-se nos seguintes horários:
sábados - 16 h
domingos - 9 h, 11 h, 16 h, 19 h*
*A missa das 19 h só se realizará durante o horário de verão.

English


The Archdiocesan Sanctuary Our Lady of God is a Catholic church located at the top of the Pedra Redonda hill, near the Alpes Road, in Porto Alegre.
The project for the building dates back to 1987, but its construction was delayed due to environmental concerns, and its foundation stone could only be launched on August 16, 1992, and it was consecrated by the Archbishop of Cologne, Cardinal Joachim Meisner. It was completed in June 2000, joining in the celebrations of the Third Millennium.

It has 700 m² of built area, divided into two floors. It is a structure of steel, bricks and glass of bold lines, defined mainly by the large roof in two waters that organizes the whole set and extends to the level of the ground. It has a series of stained glass windows illustrating the Old Testament and the Sacraments, and a large statue of the Patroness from Italy and carved from linden wood. It is a Sanctuary very much sought after by the ecological beauties and the spectacular 360 degree view of Porto Alegre and adjacent cities, including the Guaíba estuary and the entrance of the Patos Lagoon (Itapuã lighthouse). Therefore, the city's tour bus passes several times a day around the place.

The Sanctuary complex comprises an independent belfry and sanitary facilities for the general public that attend on festive occasions and pilgrimages. For these events, an outdoor altar was installed on the terrace in front of the temple, from which you can also enjoy a magnificent view of the entire region of Porto Alegre and the Guaíba estuary.

When, in 1626, the holy Jesuit missionary Roque Gonzales, from Paraguay, crossed the Uruguay River into the gaucho soil, baptized this region with the name Guarani Tupan-cy-retan = land of the Mother of God. In 1773, the then governor of Rio Grande do Sul, Cel. José Marcellino de Figueiredo, in transferring the capital of Viamão to Porto Alegre, with the permission of the ecclesiastical authority, also changed the patron saint, who was S. Francisco das Chagas, to that of Our Lady Mother (Mother) of God. From that date until today, the Mother of God is the patroness of the Capital and the Archdiocese of Porto Alegre. And for this reason, the Cathedral is dedicated to the Mother of God.

On December 6, 1981, when Archbishop Claudius Colling took command of the Archdiocese of Porto Alegre, he saw that little existed to honor the Patroness. A few days later, the Archbishop decided to build an archdiocesan sanctuary dedicated to Our Lady Mother of God and the Church.

It was necessary to begin what Don Claudio had idealized. A Christian named Paulo Marsiaj de Oliveira donated seven hectares at the top of Morro da Pedra Redonda and Ivo Nedeff, a renowned architect, took responsibility for the project. In 1988, the archbishop announced the start of construction, but for bureaucratic reasons, the work began only in 1994.

An image of Our Lady of the Mother of God, carved in wood in northern Italy, was donated by the Congregation of the Orionite Fathers and placed inside the Sanctuary. The statue was blessed by Pope John Paul II in Rome in 1988. The Shrine was inaugurated on August 20, 2000 and was attended by Cardinal Joachim Meisner, Archbishop of Cologne, Germany.

Since January 1, 2010, the Redemptorist Missionaries (congregation founded by Saint Alphonsus Liguori in 1732) were called to administer the Sanctuary of the Patron of Porto Alegre. The Redemptorists also attend other great places of pilgrimage such as Aparecida, Divine Eternal Father, Bom Jesus da Lapa, Perpétuo Socorro (Curitiba, Belém, etc.).

The sanctuary is open to the public every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and masses are held at the following times:
Saturdays - 4:00 p.m.
Sundays - 9 am, 11 am, 4 pm, 7 pm *
* Mass at 7:00 p.m. will only take place during daylight saving time.
 

 

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

CG: Ire ubeáevbf an cátvan qn pnpur.
"Irwn" pbz bf qrqbf.

RAT: Ernq gur bcravat gvzrf va gur pnpur'f cntr.
"Frr" jvgu lbhe svatref.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.