Close to the listed coords you will see an old concrete water trough left over from the days when this was part of the Sanguinetti Ranch.
The Sanguinetti Ranch was patented in 1873-74 by Jonathan F. Ralph. David Sanguinetti purchased the land in March 1880 for $4,000 from Jonathan F. and Esther A. Ralph. Sanguinetti became a well-known Tuolumne County farmer, providing a variety of produce to towns from Jamestown east into and across the mountains via wagon deliveries, as well as from a roadside stand on the ranch on present Sanguinetti Road. While David grew produce all his life, his sons Joseph and Henry became cattle ranchers.
By 1875 there were four stages a day from Tuolumne County towns to the Southern Pacific depots at Oakdale and Milton. And there were many schemes to bring a railroad to Sonora, but none came to pass until the Sierra Railway was built. The initial line, completed in 1897, ran from Oakdale to Jamestown. Extending the railroad to Sonora was highly controversial, with business interests in Sonora that owned horse-drawn freight and stage lines opposed. The Sierra Railway immediately began grading a line from Jamestown to Sonora. Sonora never agreed to a right-of-way, and a line was completed in 1899 with a depot just south of the city limits. From Sonora the railroad added another 12 miles to reach Carters-Summerville (later renamed Tuolumne). By February 1, 1900, the end of the main line was completed with a depot located only a few hundred yards from the new mill of the Hetch Hetchy and Yosemite Valleys Railway Company. In 1946, the Sonora Depot caught fire, and burned down to its marble foundations. The Sonora fire department watched it burn from the city limits, 200 feet away, out of their jurisdiction.
Apple and produce farms as well as cattle ranches served the growing mining communities in the foothills. Later the railroad helped the growing lumber businesses by improving transportation of their products to the rest of California.