The first traces of the existence of a Hôtel-Dieu in Luynes date back to the 15th century. At that time, the Hôtels-Dieu were used to house the pilgrims and spread the word of the parish that sheltered them.
In the 16th century, the Hôtel-Dieu of the city of Luynes became a simple alms, before being destroyed and rehabilitated in hospital by the Duke of Luynes, Louis-Charles D'Albert, in parallel with the reform of the major Hôtels-Dieu engaged under the reign of king Louis XIV.
After a few years of operation, the hospital alone is no longer enough to accommodate all patients and an annex is created next to the main building: the "Grange" of the Hôtel-Dieu is built. Among other things, it serves as a storage room and laundry room, and an outdoor oven is attached to it.
The hospital closes during the French Revolution and will only reopen in 1809. It will remain in business for more than a century and a half before a new hospital was inaugurated in 1977 on the heights of the city. The former ducal hospital is then partially transformed into social housing.
Falling into ruins, the "Grange" was redeveloped into a theater, cinema and exhibition since 2016.
With the renovation of this space and the creation of the media library, Luynes was awarded the National Urban Art Award 2018 with the mention "quality of social life".