Kókkino Chorió: Picturesque scenery for the village scenes
Coming north from Georgioupolis, along the coast, you almost automatically end up in Kókkino Chorió. The still quite sleepy little town with the dreamy streets played one of the main roles in the film. Here most of the village scenes were played. Here was suffered, loved, laughed and cried. The church looks exactly as it did in Alexis Sorbas times, and much of Kókkino Chorió is still recognizable when looking for scene images. In Crete, time stands still longer than in other places.
The place in front of the kafenion
Even the village kafenion, where the widows goat is kidnapped in the film, still exists and has now developed into a village shop. With a little luck, youll meet inhabitants who once worked as extras at the film shoot. But even if nobody shares their personal memories with you, Kókkino Chorió is always worth a visit. This is ensured by its magnificent location over the Souda Bay with the breathtaking view of the White Mountains.
To find the cache you need to find the house of the widow….
Or just find some answers concerning the famous movie to get the final coords.
1. Release date of the movie premiere (second digit of the month) = A
2. How many oscars nominated? = B
3. How many oscars for Anthony Quinn? = C
4. Last name of the actress of the "widow" (number of letters) = D
5. Name of the "village idiot" (4.letter - 2. letter) = E
6. Publishing year of the Novel based on (1-digit checksum) + 1 ? = F
N 35° 27.ABC E 24° 13.DEF
Enjoy your visit in Kokkino Chorio and happy hunting !