Welcome to the 119th Hampshire Monthly Mid-Week and Christmas 2018 Cache Event to be held at The Half Moon, Sheet on Wednesday 12th December 2018
||The Half Moon
32 London Road
I have spoken with the staff and they are looking forward to welcoming us back for what we all hope will be another special Christmas Event at this popular venue
We have the use of the function suite which can sit one hundred, so there should be more than enough room for the anticipated attendees.
There is a Food & Drink Menu available to choose from, which should be ordered on the night. If you can post Will Attend (and whether you will be eating) logs as soon as you decide to come that will enable us to tell the pub some idea of numbers
There will be a Christmas raffle and the treasure chest will be available for swapping and discovering Geocoins and Travel Bugs
There will be plenty of opportunity to exchange caching stories and prise hints out of fellow cachers about the local puzzles, so please do come along and celebrate the festive season with caching friends old and new.
If you have not been to an event cache before, would like to experience something different, and have the chance to meet other cachers then please come along.
You can be assured of a warm welcome, officially we will be there from 6.30pm until 9pm. but there are always early birds and late finishers!
Name the film and then decide which of the following years it was released:
1946, 1947, 1954, 1963, 1965, 1968, 1989, 1990, 2003, 2003
One point for each correct film name and one point for each year (20 on offer in total)
Silent Juke Box
Name the artist and the song; one point for each correct artist, one point for each correct song title (20 on offer in all)
Solve the festive anagrams, one point for each correct answer
Solve the festive Ditloids, one point for each correct answer
Answer these trivial questions about Christmas, one point for each correct answer
- Which word, often associated with Christmas, stems from the Greek word for circle dance ?
- In North America, which organisation is always the first to spot that Santa is underway?
- According to the Christmas song, who had "a jolly happy soul"?
- Which pantomime hero marries Jasmin?
- In Jack and the Beanstalk, what does Jack get in exchange for his mother's cow?
- What told Dick Whittington to 'turn again'?
- In which country does an ugly old witch named Bafana deliver presents on the night of 5th/6th of January ?
- In which country is St. Nick called Sinterklaas ?
- "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan". In which country was Wenceslas king ?
- Apparently, while poking at the fire, the London sweet shop owner Tom Smith got the inspiration to make what ?
- Which event on Christmas Eve 1968 was, at the time, the most watched broadcast ever in the history of television?
- What did Harry Potter get as a Christmas present during his first term at Hogwarts?
- Who sang? "It's Christmas in heaven, There's great films on TV, 'The Sound of Music' twice an hour, And 'Jaws' one, two and three."
- In which fictional land was it always winter but never Christmas?
- Which famous English writer once said, "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."