On the Fifth Day of Christmas, mrGreen317 hid for me, ( dramatically sung: ) an ammo box ... under ... a log...!
Welcome to the Twelve Cans of Christmas (12 CoC). Each cache is a simple puzzle that leads to the coordinates of a plastic ammo box (i.e. "Can") somewhere in SGL 108.
While the retailers are packing away the Christmas wares for 2018, the traditional Christmas season actually runs from December 25 through January 5, the "Twelve Days of Christmas". Here are some "regular"-sized geocaches hidden for the "Twelve Cans of Christmas" to grab this Christmas season or any other time of the year when geocaching is on the day's agenda.
Find this cache by using the simple puzzle, then plug the solved coordinates into the built-in coordinate checker on this page.
E = The number of golden rings in the song (not the image above) given on Day 5
Then the caches is at:
N 40 39.[ 4 + E ] [ 3 + E ] [ 9 - E ] W 078 30.[ 8 - E ] [ 7 - E ] [ 1 + E ]
Note the simple math inside each bracket is to be solved for a single digit that makes up the decimal part of the final coordinates.
This cache location is designed to provide a short hike "past the gate". You can park near last year's Day 10 Gate cache (GC7GE44), please just do not block the SGL gate with your vehicle.
Please note that ticks have been reported by geocachers locating this cache, even in winter, when the threat is usually lower, so be watchful. Ticks pose a potential health risk, so please be sure to check that any ticks are removed from one's person after seeking the geocache.
This cache is located in state game lands, so PLEASE observe all state game land rules and wear orange during hunting seasons. During the primary hunting season, finding this cache is recommended on Sunday only.
Clues for the series final cache
- Each of the Twelve Cans should have an ornament affixed to the inside of the lid, attached by chain. Please be sure to leave this attached ornament with the container, as it is a clue needed to log the final cache.
- If interested in the series final cache, be sure to write down the ornament object on your personal notes or take a photo with your device, whatever is most convenient, to remember which ornament was found with each numbered Can of Christmas.
- Unlike last year, all the needed clues for the final at each of the series caches are already in place at the time of hiding and publishing.
A congratulations on FTF goes to KB3PPS and KB3PPR . Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Series FTF Notes
- Each CoC series cache has a single card and white prize box with colored ribbon. The card and prize box are both to be taken by the FTF at each cache. The envelope will have an FTF 4-digit prize code for additional FTF fun at the conclusion of the series on or after Jan 5, 2019.
- Note that each gift box includes a similar ornament gift to the ornament that is attached to the inside of the cache container. The ornament attached with the white gift box goes with the FTF, while the ornament attached to the cache container should be left attached to the cache container.
- While there is a series "final" cache planned for after Day 12, the extra FTF gifts for this series of 12 will not need to be hunted out in the wild as last year. The extra prizes will be shared at upcoming events or delivered to the winning geocachers through other means (such as postal) if attending events is not convenient for any of the winning geocachers.
- Additional series FTF information will be communicated to series FTF winners via geo-messenger and/or the email on file with geocaching.com
Merry Christmas from the Green-Hippo household!
(mrGreen317, Sage-Hippo, and littleEEE)