Are you ready for an aMazing adventure?
After a 5-year absence, the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit is coming back to the United States for a limited run!
What is it?
The Texas Geocaching Association (TXGA), in partnership with GeoWoodstock XVII (GC7NBWQ), is pleased to present the TXGA GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit. The Exhibit is an educational and interactive experience to share content and Geocaching information. It provides something interesting for all, from first-time cachers to Charter members.
A GPS Adventures Exhibit icon is earned by completing the Exhibit and signing the log.
The Exhibit, a not-for-profit endeavor, is possible with gracious sponsor donations and TXGA GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit SWAG sales. We believe we created unique souvenir items commemorating your experience and helping offset the production costs. All proceeds are invested into the Exhibit experience in Fort Worth.
Please help make this an outstanding experience by purchasing SWAG at this link:
LINK TO GPS MAZE REGISTRATION
Want to Attend?
The Exhibit is at Lou’s Place on the Texas Wesleyan University campus in Fort Worth. Texas Wesleyan is approximately fifteen minutes from the other GWXVII-related events and hotels. The facility is handicap accessible with restrooms and parking.
The Exhibit is FREE and open to the public.
· Friday, May 24, 2019 – (3pm-8pm) – First Look –
GWXVII VIP Package Holders, Friends of the Maze, Sponsors/Special Guests Only
· Saturday, May 25, 2019 – (8am-6pm) – Open to the Public
· Sunday, May 26, 2019 – (8am-6pm) – Open to the Public
· Monday, May 27, 2019 – (8am-3pm) – Open to the Public
We anticipate high attendance given limited availability and large GeoWoodstock crowds.
PLEASE … PLEASE … PLEASE … PLEASE … PLEASE … PLEASE …
Submit a 'Will Attend' log and provide us the following information of your plans.
· Which day do you plan to attend the Exhibit?
· How many are in your party?
We need this information to pre-plan and to help manage the crowds and minimize wait times. If you have not already, please submit a 'Will Attend' log for GWXVII (GC7NBWQ).
What should we know before we go?
We expect very large crowds for this event. We will make every effort to accommodate everyone interested in attending the Exhibit. Based on European visits, a two-hour wait time to tour the Exhibit was not unusual. Things to consider when planning your visit:
· There will be a special VIP Access on Friday the 24th from 3pm – 8pm for GW VIP
Package Holders, Friends of the Maze, sponsors and special guests.
(See more details on VIP Packages below.)
· Exhibit entry is on a first-come first-serve basis on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
· We anticipate the lines being longest on Saturday and shortest on Monday.
· If from out-of-town and here Monday, you might consider Monday. There are many choices in DFW, Geocaching and non-geocaching. You'll find many fun things!
· Local cachers might consider Monday for your Exhibit visit.
· In the coming months we are developing and releasing tools and tricks to improve
communications and keep everyone aware of optimal times to visit the Exhibit.
As part of the GeoWoodstock event there are three VIP SWAG Packages available for purchase. In addition to the great SWAG available in these packages we are also offering an additional benefit - VIP First Look access to the TXGA GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit on Friday, May 24th from 3pm – 8pm. Each Package provides the following access:
· VIP (1 VIP Access to the Exhibit)
· VIP + 1 (2 VIP Access to the Exhibit)
· VIP Diamond (2 VIP Access to the Exhibit)
If you have already purchased a VIP package, you're all set! Just pick up your registration package at GWXVII check-in and wear your badge and lanyard, which indicates your VIP status, to the Exhibit Friday afternoon/evening.
In addition, a Friends of the Maze sponsorship package gives you 1 VIP Access to the exhibit's Friday, May 24th First Look activity.
To upgrade your package or purchase a new/additional package, click the link below:
LINK TO GWXVII REGISTRATION
During the Visit
In addition to the Exhibit, there are several other fun geocaching activities in which you can partake during your visit, including ten different Lab Caches, interactive exhibits, activities and of course geocaches. We will make announcements with specifics as we finalize plans in the coming weeks.
Once completing your tour of the Exhibit and signing the Log Book, please Log your Visit on Geocaching.com and include pictures documenting your experiences.
If new to geocaching, we have people on hand to help you setup a Geocaching.com account to log this event and begin participating in this fantastic sport/hobby/obsession.
Where can I find more information?
We will make announcements and update this page as more information is available.
Our website has information, updates and our online store where you can order SWAG and stay abreast of the latest Exhibit developments. https://www.gpsmaze.us
Finally, please join our Facebook group - GPS Maze Community Group, another source for updates and new activities related to the TXGA GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit.
How Can I Help?
Do you want to be part of this unique Exhibit experience beyond just visiting? We have several opportunities letting you contribute to and potentially being part of the Exhibit.
1) Send Us Your Photos – we want to represent the entire geocaching community in this Exhibit and the easiest way is to collect and display photos of your experiences. We want to receive photos from cachers all over the world in the following categories.
~ Favorite Cache
~ Favorite Container
~ Oddest Thing Seen While Geocaching
~ Historic Locations
~ Miscellaneous (If it doesn't fit in the other categories.)
If your photo is selected, we will place it in the Exhibit with your “Geo Nic” and give you a commemorative coin.
If interested, please email your photo to TXGAMazePics@gmail.com with the following:
o Include the Category in the Subject Line.
o Include only one photo per email.
o Include your “Geo Nic” and any information you want to submit
with your photo.
o Standard file formats are acceptable (e.g., JPEG, TIF, PNG, and GIF).
o Please keep files sizes below 1MB if possible.
o Send as many submissions as desired.
o By submitting your photo, you give TXGA the unrestricted right to display
your photo and other submitted materials in our Exhibit.
2) Send Us Your Favorite Story – we all have a favorite story from our adventures and we want to share your stories at the Exhibit. If your story is selected, we will place it in the Exhibit with your “Geo Nic” and give you a commemorative coin.
If interested, please email your story to TXGAMazeStory@gmail.com with the following:
o Include 'My Story' in the Subject Line.
o Please keep your story to 250 words or fewer – I know that is hard.
o Include your “Geo Nic” and other information, including photos,
you want to submit with your story
o Send as many submissions as desired.
o By submitting your story, you give TXGA the unrestricted right to display
your story and other submitted materials in our Exhibit.
3) Volunteer – The Exhibit requires hundreds of volunteers from Thursday, May 23 - Monday, May 27. We need help with a variety of activities including crowd control, registration, Lab Cache support, Maze Management, etc. We expect Volunteers to spend about thirty minutes prior to their shift in training, then volunteer a 2 - 4 hour shift.
Volunteers receive a T-shirt and an opportunity to attend Friday's VIP First Look activity.
If interested in volunteering, please click the following link and submit your information. TXGA GPS Adventure Maze Volunteer.
4) Sponsorships – As previously mentioned, this is a not-for-profit venture and we are paying for the Exhibit primarily through sponsorships.
If interested in additional sponsorship information, please email us at TXGAMazeSponsor@gmail.com and we will reply to you with the desired information.
Our Team is extremely excited to create and deliver this rare experience to the geocaching community through GeoWoodstock XVII. We spent a tremendous amount of time and energy getting to this point and have many plans in the coming weeks and months. We certainly hope you attend the event and say Howdy!