SideTracking in Toronto. The cache is not inside the station.
Old Cummer GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Richmond Hill line train service and offers service to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
In September 2004 construction began on a rehabilitated station building, providing improved lighting and providing accessible features into the station building.
Local transit services are provided by the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), although the station is situated quite far from Finch Avenue or Leslie Street. Stairs and a footbridge across Finch Avenue provide pedestrian access to the south end of the station platform.
The Canadian, VIA Rail's train between Vancouver and Toronto Union Station, passes through Old Cummer station but does not stop.
(A brief) History of the Cummer family:
Willowdale was first settled by Jacob Cummer (Jacob Kummer), who immigrated to Canada from the United States in 1797. Cummer was a mill owner on the nearby Don River, a proprietor of a tinsmith shop on Yonge Street and a self-trained doctor and veterinarian. Cummer was held in such high esteem by his neighbours they called the area "Kummer's Settlement". Cummer Avenue is named for Cummer.
The first church in Willowdale was called the Cummer Chapel, located at the northwest corner of what is now Yonge and Churchill. This log meeting house was built in 1816 by Jacob Cummer on part of his farm. He and other early members of the church are buried in the cemetery which remains on the site, now on the east side of Yonge Street. The Cummers, who were the first German loyalists and farmers from Pennsylvania, had Lutheran roots. However, they readily mixed in with and married people with Methodist and other roots. Thus the chapel was designated as non-denominational.
Bring a TOTT (tweezers).