Creating a quality cache is more than just hiding Tupperware in the woods! If you're new to hiding geocaches, this educational workshop will introduce you to the most common mistakes that new cache creators make and how to avoid them. For experienced creators, learn some fresh tips and tricks to take your geocache creation game to the next level. Turn your caches from "just another find" to something durable and noteworthy!
- Container construction. Discover how to select an appropriate container and apply techniques from a variety of disciplines such as carpentry, scrapbooking, sculpting, masonry, and general crafting to create durable, secure, and interesting cache containers.
- Decorating with style. Do's and Don'ts of decorating your cache and container for longevity, protection, and attractiveness.
- Weatherproofing techniques. Understand how to build containers to keep out moisture and keep clue pieces from bleeding and fading.
- Defending against wildlife. Learn how to repel insects and reduce the likelihood of damage due to curious creatures.
- Proper marking and identification. Don't let your geocache be mistaken for trash — or something dangerous!
- Your geocache page. How an attractive cache page can engage people and encourage more finds to your cache.
- The treasure within. The world of custom trinkets and logs that last beyond the first rain.
And don't forget to check out the official Plainsboro Preserve geotrail while you're here!