This is a 2-part offset cache with 8 steps to complete, and the final container hidden in a scenic location.
Please enjoy this mini history tour of Sauk County & Baraboo. You will be gleaning two sets of lon/lats, one of which will be for the final parking area, and the other for the cache location. I won't tell you which is which, so I'd suggest you make enough time to finish all the steps. All answers to the questions below will be found within one city block jammed full of history...be observant.
One of the coordinates will take you to a parking lot for the Ice Age Trail, the other will be the coordinates of the final cache... if not.. check your math. A quick test to see if you are heading in the right direction...
Count the concrete benches around a memorial.. the total is roughly the number of miles between your starting location and the final cache location.
N43 __ __. __ __ __ W89 __ __.__ __ __
A A B B B C C D D D
N43 __ __. __ __ __ W89 __ __.__ __ __
A A E E E C C F F F
* Seek out how long the Deppe's Classic Country Circus performed, and enter the dates here
_____ - _____ = ____.(do the math)
* Use this number and multiply it by how many letters in C.P. Fox's nickname ____ x ____ = ____
* Seek out the first year that Forepaugh-Sells Bros. Circus performed 19__ __.
Take this figure away from the number you entered above.
This will give you the A A needed in the latitude.
* Find the year that Irvin & Kenneth Feld's plaque was dedicated May 19, __ __ __ __
* Seek out the year when Jonathan Carver visits the Sauk Indian Village on the Sauk Prairie __ __ __ __
* Subtract these two dates. __ __ __
* Find the Court House cornerstone's date 200__ (Note: the original Cornerstone date was 1905, but it was recently replaced), and subtract that single number away from the figure above, then add 1.
This will give you the B B B needed in the latitude.
__ + __ + ___ + ___ + ___ + ___ + ___ + ___=_______
* Take the year that Berry Haney begins the settlement of Sauk County, and place the numerals in the dashes above.
* Take the year that the Sauk County boys join the Iron Brigade in the Civil War, and place the numerals in the remaining spaces above. Add the numbers together, and this will become your C C needed in the longitude
* Find the Memorial that was dedicated by the Veterans of Foreign Wars, & enter their Post number here __ __ __ __
* Find the last year the Gollmar Bros. Circus performed 19__(a)__(b)
* Find the year that the John Robinson Circus performed 18__(c)__(d)
* Now put abcd together here in order __ __ __ __
* Subtract the Post number away from the abcd number. This will be your D D D of your longitude
__ __ + __ __ + __ __ + __ __ + __ __ + __ __ = _______
* Enter the numbers you gather below on the dashes above.
* The date that Count Haraszthy selects the site of the County Seat 18__ __
* The date Sauk County becomes the national center of the hop industry 18__ __
* The date DC Reed dams the Baraboo River 18__ __
* The date Baraboo becomes a circus birthplace 18__ __
* The date the Winnebago are removed from Sauk County 18__ __
* The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 23__ __
* Total all your numbers above and this becomes the E E E of your latitude.
* Find the year that Fun on the Farm Circus performed __ __ __ __
* Divide that date by one less than the number of Police Officers that died in the line of duty __ __ __(e)
* Find out when the Winnebago were removed from Sauk County __ __ __ __take this figure away from the YEAR when the benches were dedicated __ __ __ __ add this to the (e) number above to get this total __ __ __(f)
* When was the War for the Union Memorial dedicated? 18__ __ now minus from this the number of years that Forepaugh-Sells Bros. Circus performed. __ __ Now add this figure to the (f) figure above to get your F F F figure of longitude.
Step 7: Find the parking lot
Step 8: Head to the cache