Tour in Badacsony (Badacsonyi túra)
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
It's a multicache with 7 stops at one of the most popular resort of tourists in Hungary.
As for its structure, the stations form a simple chain which gives you a continuous path for roaming around the whole hill. If you follow this way, it might take at least half a day (with vine-tasting even a whole day) while you complete the tour and take in the many sights.
In principle, between the stations you can go on trial with guide-posts. At the relevant sights you'll find information boards. Here is some information on some stations which might prove useful, or even necessary.
The hill is a busy place, so we've hidden the caches carefully. You'll find the coordinates of the next stop in each box. If you have difficulties in finding the boxes, try to use the corrections given here. You'll find them in brackets bellow.
- The first stop is about a hundred meters up from the "Rózsakõ", between stones. At the "Kõtenger" guide-post turn right to a narrow path. After a while you'll see a fallen out log directly on the left, there leave the path on the right and you should find the first glass jar in a small heap of stones. [N 46° 47.773 E 017° 29.783]
- The second is near a landing of stairs between stones. We tried to sign it. [N 46° 47.990 E 017° 29.146]
- The third is in a cliff. You'll have to descend a little on the left in order to discover it. Look for it on the left, you'll find it behind a stone. [N 46° 48.043 E 017° 29.242]
- For the fourth you'll have to descend as well, and search it under big stones. You have to leap on the left in front of the vista-point. Don't be afraid, it's a bit weedy. We signed the cavity with twigs. [N 46° 47.802 E 017° 29.435]
- The fifth is located near a look-out tower, in a double-trunk tree, signed with some stones. [N 46° 48.228 E 017° 29.761]
Before the next stop you'll reach a Y-intersection, the target is on the right, but you won't regret if you look in a 200m no-through road on the left. [N 46° 48.377 E 017° 29.619]
- The sixth cache is situated in a conspicuous place, but carefully hidden under a tree's root. [N 46° 48.388 E 017° 29.683]
- For the seventh cache you'll have to climb up high. Artificially placed twigs will help you. [N 46° 48.317 E 017° 30.041]
It might be rather hard, but I hope in the end you won't regret it.
At the end the hungry cacher can drop into a restaurant to have lunch. [N 46° 47.919 E 017° 30.787]
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum