You have heard the caching expression, "it's not about the numbers" but for some of us it is. I have been fortunate to be able to do some great power trails across the country and I wanted to create one here in New Hampshire. It seemed like Rte's 4 and 127 around Salisbury were fertile ground so the GLC (Preferida, Ponil, NH Travelers 5 and myself) spent a cloudy Sunday morning placing about 100 caches. Here are the details:
- The caches are named after characters from Game of Thrones which is in its eight and final season on HBO. Who will win?
- Cache containers are all small plastic containers. You may need tweezers to get the logs out of the containers and you will need a pen.
- Half of the containers are magnetic and are placed on signs or guardrails and the other half are affixed to telephone poles, fence posts or trees with medium gauge wire.
- Most spots have parking immediately next to GZ or within 50 feet.
- There are easy hints with nearly every cache.
- This series was placed in May. 90% of the hides will probably be winter accessible but i doubt there will be safe parking once the snow starts to pile up so get out there and find these caches before the winter arrives again.
Have fun and be safe. When you log your series please feel free to share what your running time was to find the entire series. It took us about 4 hours to place the nearly hundred caches.