Woodley railway station serves the Woodley area of Stockport in Greater Manchester, England.
The station is 9¼ miles (15 km) east of Manchester Piccadilly on the Hope Valley Line service to Rose Hill Marple.
It is situated where the A560 road from Stockport to Gee Cross near Hyde crosses over the railway line.
It was opened on 5 August 1862 by the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway and later became a junction when a line from Stockport Tiviot Dale (The Stockport and Woodley Junction Railway)
reached the town in 1865.
The station subsequently became jointly owned and operated by the MS&L, Great Northern Railway and Midland Railway as part of the Cheshire Lines Committee system.
The Stockport route closed to passengers in January 1967, although a short section at the eastern end remains in use for goods traffic (serving a Tarmac stone terminal and waste recycling plant at Bredbury).
A second link from Apethorne Junction to the north gave an east-facing link to the Woodhead Line at Godley Junction from 1866,
which was heavily used for many years by trans-Pennine freight traffic (mainly coal from the South Yorkshire coalfield to Fiddlers Ferry power station).
This was closed soon after the Woodhead route, in 1982.