About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Parkhead North Station
Parkhead North was opened in February 1871 as Parkhead. The name was changed in 1952 to stop confusion with the station near to Celtic park that had the same name.
It was a 2 platform through station on the Glasgow to Coatbridge line and was built just east of a bridge over Duke Street. The station served the nearby Parkhead Forge Steelworks and Carntyne Greyhound race track.
The station could only be accessed from the Northwest side as there was extensive sidings to the south. To the north was a goods yard that trains accessed from the Haghill branch line.
The station was closed in the late 1950s.
Today nothing remains except for the access road, a large piece of spare ground where the goods yard was and a few broken walls of the station.
The cache - A small tube. This area can be busy at times so stealth required.
Zntargvp, evtug bs tngr.