The Beginning Braai has become a geo-tradition (this is now the 8th annual Beginning Braai), and so we are celebrating the start of another geocaching year with the usual South African Bring and Braai.
We hope to see many new teams as well as our regular friends! Inspired by the original Quick Cuppa (QC) Events in Pretoria many years ago, which then morphed into the QS (Quick Social) events around Johannesburg where we first attended geoevents, and then expanded into the ERQGT and WRQGT events, this is an opportunity for all Gauteng geocachers to spend some social time together. Over the years we even had some geocachers from as far afield as Norway and Belgium join us. We invite all geocachers to join us today.
This event has become a showcase for some of the finest geocuisine being shared with us, with items like the GEO936 pampoentert, Mrs ThomasFamilyZA's artichoke dip, BruceTP's desserts or The Chef's chocolate mousse appearing on the food table.
So lets prepare for another year of geocaching by spending the afternoon socialising and eating and just having a fine time.
Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020
Time: from 2:00pm till 9:00pm (or later if previous events are anything to go by)
The fires should be ready between 4:00pm and 5:00pm
Place: ThomasFamilyZA and BrendsZA's back garden, follow your GPS
What: Bring and Braai
- whatever you want to put on the braai
- whatever you want to drink
- a salad or dessert for the table (please let us know in your will attend log what you plan on bringing so we don't end up with everyone bringing the same)
- marshmallows if you want to toast them later on (or just eat them!)
- your camping chairs or picnic blanket (we have garden chairs for about 20 people, but that is usually not enough)
- gazebo if you have one
- swimming costumes (if we have had some rain by then and the pool is useable)
We will provide the braais, tongs, glasses, crockery and cutlery, as well as the swimming pool (rain permitting) and table tennis table.
History of previous year's events: