What milestone(s) did you hit this year (noted here in 1000s)?
- Team Viper hit 23,000, 24,000 and 25,000 - WOW!
- billyrobson hit 20,000, 21,000 and 22,000 - WOW!
- choice1 hit 20,000 and 21,000 - WOW!
- Ninja Fairies hit 19,000, 20,000 and 21,000 - WOW!
- antoncache hit 18,000
- Iamgrateful hit 14,000, 15,000, 16,000, 17,000, 18,000 and 19,000 (I wonder if she sleeps?)
- MikeFitz hit 11,000, 12,000, 13,000, 14,000 and 15,000 (him too!)
- licwid hit 13,000, 14,000 and 15,000
- Kiwibirdman hit 13,000
- hiking granny hit 12,000 and 13,000
- bsbhelm hit 12,000
- boombear hit 10,000 and 11,000
- GeoGuider hit 7,000
- UBC Geograd hit 7,000
- K'n'I hit 7,000
- cailloupot hit 6,000 and 7,000
- ZeiraZeira hit 6,000
- WillowZilla hit 5,000
- Aurateam hit 5,000 at the Het Muiderslot Castle in Holland
- fuzeebear hit 5,000
- j0ckser hit 4,000
- mkPerry hit 4,000
- chipchic hit 4,000
- protonspinner hit 3,000
- Ifollowher hit 3,000
- Johnnygeo hit 3,000
- ScooterRichard hit 2,000
- GirlGuide163 hit 2,000
- tristhana hit 2,000
- Bubba da darter hit 1,000
- Gunwelder hit 1,000
- Chaileymom hit 1,000
- DJay1987 hit 1,000
- iicydiamonds hit 1,000
Cache Finds in a Day
What was your best day?
- ChaileyMom and gunwelder ad their best day ever with 328 caches in one day (with 13 more after midnight) on 07/27/2019
- k'n'I had their best dahy ever with 322 caches in one day on 09/12/2019
- tristhana had his best day ever with 101 caches on 11/02/2019
Are you on a streak?
- scavengermonkeys's streak is over nine years now (started 06/30/2010)
- bsbhelm's streak is over seven years now (started 06/27/2012)
- boombear's streak is over six years now (started 12/27/2013)
- Iamgrateful's streak is over four years now (started 03/12/2015)
- Ribbitlady finished a 1,234 day streak (1,234 consecutive days with finds from 01/26/2016 to 06/12/2019)
- Bubba da darter is now on a streak over 430 days (started 10/23/2018 to 12/28/2019)
- GeoGuider finished her second 373-day streak (2010-2011 and 2018-2019 - finished 12/08/2019)
- GirlGuide163 finished a 370 day streak (370 consecutive days with finds from 05/31/2018 to 06/04/2019)
- KandeeKiller finished a 367 day streak (367 consecutive days from 10/07/2018 to 10/08/2019)
- ametisti finished a 366 day streak (366 consecutive days with finds from 01/11/2018 to 01/11/2019)
- j0ckser finished a 185 day streak (185 consecutive days with finds from 12/01/2018 to 06/03/2019)
- SteveMonster86 is currently on a 117 day streak (117 consecutive days with finds from 09/03/2019 to 12/28/2019)
- tristhana finished a 108 streak (108 consecutive days with finds from 11/18/2018 to 03/05/2019)
- GeoGuider did the 12-day event streak of Geocaching Christmas (26/12/18 through 01/06/2-19) Were you there too?
- GeoGuider did a 17-day event streak (February 19 through March 7, 2019). Did you? Let me know!
- TeamViper found at least 2,000 caches this year - hard to tell because her profile is private
- Ninja Fairies found at least 2,000 caches this year - 5th year in a row
- licwid hit 2,000 caches this year - 3rd year in a row
- cailloupot might have hit 2,000 caches this year - 2nd year in a row -- logging in process
- hikinggranny found over 2,000 caches this year
- boombear found over 2,000 caches this year
- GeoGuider found over 1,000 caches this year - 3rd year in a row
- j0ckser found over 1,000 caches this year - 3rd year in a row
- mkPerry found over 1,000 caches this year - 2nd year in a row
- ZeiraZeira found over 1,000 caches this year - 2nd year in a row
- antoncache found over 1,000 caches this year
- WillowZilla found over 1,000 caches this year
- fuzeebear found over 1,000 caches this year
- SigShark has a 133 month streak of at least one FTF per month (top in Canada).
- SigShark has the most FTF points in Canada outside Ontario and Quebec.
- cailloupot hit 1000 FTFs
- WillowZilla and Iamgrateful FTF'd a jbeck2 cache... now that's saying something!
What about filled calendars? filled fizzy grids? who found the APE cache? who finished a geotour?
- Rockchick67, TeamWillowZilla and cailloupot filled their 366 day PUZZLE A DAY calendar - WOW
- Kiwibirdman and GirlGuide163 finished the Parkland Geotour
- Meanie09, chipchic, and hiking granny went to Geocaching HQ, found the Original Stash, and the APE cache - a PERFECT TRIFECTA!
- iicydiamonds and Signal42 went to Geocaching HQ, found the Original Stash, and the APE cache - a PERFECT TRIFECTA FOR THEM AS WELL! iicydiamonds best year ever
- PSCM and his parents are going to Geocaching HQ for December 31st
What about current challenges - Who hit 300 on scavengermonkey's puzzle a day challenge?
- boombear, cailloupot, geo-schmidts, GeoGuider, j0ckser and Bearberry's Cub
What about current challenges - Who hit 150 on GeoGuider's Wherigo a day challenge?
- billy robson, j0ckser, scavengermonkeys, boombear and Iamgrateful have found at least 150 Wherigo caches; antoncache has also found 150 Wherigos and plans to sign this log before year-end
What about finding lonely caches?
- VP got FTF on a cache GC1VJY4 that hadn't been found in 10 years TO THE DAY - AMAZING!
- Aurateam got 2 new country souvenirs for Iceland and Costa Rica, as well as a geocoin for completing the “Gardens of Amsterdam geotour”
- billy robson earned new country souvenirs: Zürich Switzerland, Andorra, Lisboa Portugal, Skagway & Sitka Alaska, Whitehorse Yukon, and Kugluktuk Nunavut
- boombear finished his seventh DT grid
- brobars started caching this year and has found 2 caches, Milestones is his first event
- Bubba da darter had lots of milestones this year: 1 year + streak (Currently over 430 days and growing), 2 finds per day average, now has over 700 finds (more than double his highest), exceeded 1500 finds total, got his first 5D/5T, got his 4th province and 3rd state, released his first puzzle, released his first multi, released his first field puzzle, had his biggest caching day ever during CARW, and says, "I guess I am now officially an addict!"
- CanadaRsmy found a cache at 3,592 m on Mont Blanc in the Alps
- ChaileyMom and Gunwelder got 3 new state souvenirs on one day: Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Gunwelder hid his first cache
- choice1 got 6 new state souvenirs: New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Oregon (four on one day)
- dronnord is pretty pleased that he hit 5,600 this week,but says, "Against this crew, it seems like an amateur even after 12 years!"
- fuzeebear is pretty pumped that he now has 200 days filled in his puzzle calendar, found the oldest in Canada, added three more provinces to his map,and hit 5,000 this year
- GeoGuider565 introduced someone to geocaching and now TurtleGuider is hooked
- GeoGuider75 got a new country souvenir from Japan
- Craigarnold, in his own words, "hid a seemingly impossible puzzle cache" and found a whopping 79 caches this year! (number may change slightly as I'm working on the 321 Go! souvenir still" He still having fun!
- j0ckser and GeoGuider met KappaAlphaTeam outside their home (GeoGuider hasn't seen them in 10 years), and did a two-month puzzle streak and a two-month Wherigo streak
- Jazzhiker got 3 new country souvenirs: United States, UK, and Hong Kong (and DNF'd in India, that's closer to geocaching in India than I got this year!). jazzhiker had his best year ever
- jbeck2 resurfaced after a four-year break winning the "Not-so-newbie and Most Demented Geocaching Sense of Humour Award" at the September west end dinner event
- K'n'I hit 7,000 finds, found 322 geocaches in one day, found a cache the farthest from home is 8420.4 km in the Sahara Desert, Morocco, and the furthest one east is in Germany
- Ka'anapali Spirit hit 2,300 and found four different caches types in one day (a traditional, a multi, a puzzle, and an earth cache)
- KCDC, members since 02 January 2005, had their best year ever
- KlondikeChris hit 1,100 and 1,200 finds this year.
- Licwid found a new furthest south and new furthest west cache
- Licwid, Ninja Fairies, cailloupot and boombear got state souvenirs for Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota and the oldest cache in Minnesota GC9FF
- Meanie09, chipchic and hiking granny found the oldest caches in WA, OR, ID and BC
- Mike Fitz finished his 21st Fizzy rotation - My answer to him was, "Are you kidding me? I haven't even done my first!"
- protonspinner survived a year of caching and still manages to come out with perfectly coiffed purple/pink hair
- signal42 is pleased to have had a Trifecta with the HQ visit, found five new State souvenirs, had over 400 finds, new easternmost cache, and had his five year caching anniversary and his best year yet
- sirIyeH hit 800 and finished the high/low challenge with a cache in the Alps
- Summit0213, a newbie cacher, hit 100 this year and hid his first multi.
- TeamViper got 6 new country souvenirs: 2 in South America and 4 in Asia, amidst many other milestones.
- tristhana has found every traditional cache inside the Anthony Henday ring road - REALLY, I SAW HIS MAP!
- Viajero Perdido celebrated a birthday by finding a cache on a mountaintop in Hong Kong. Why? Because he can... and the food is great!
- ZeiraZeira earned a virtual reward, hosted the Monday Madness series, their their most cache types in a day (8), got an FTF in a new county (Lloydminister), finished all counties in Alberta, finished 366 day found challenge, found Canada’s oldest cache, 2nd year over 1000 caches, completed hidden date calendar, most counties in a day (7), 3725 kms maximum distance in a day (Greencourt, AB to Charlottetown PEI) - It was a great year!
Who put out a series?
- scavengermonkeys put out the Hockey Player - AMAZING
- UBC Geograd put out the Jeopardy Series - AWARD WINNING
- mkPerry put out the Edmonton Child of the 70's - BLAST FROM THE PAST
- Team SigShark&Janski put out the Flicker Box series - ALWAYS CREATIVE
- DiamondMom, sirIyeH, and 4Sparky4 put out the Big Bang series - SUCH FUN
- jazzhiker put out The Not So Dirty Six, The Dirtier Six, and the PBJ series - WONDERFUL
- Team Three Boys put out the TUC series - THANKS FOR HELPING GET THOSE NUMBERS UP
- Iamgrateful put out The Challenge Trail - A REAL BOOST FOR THOSE DOING THE PUZZLE CHALLENGE
- ZeiraZeira hosted the Monday Madness series - A REAL BOOST TO CACHERS IN WHITECOURT!
- Licwid put out the A Christmas Series letterbox series - I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT MANY LETTERBOXES IN A ROW
- iicydiamonds added another half dozen caches to her Dewey Decimal system series - THERE'S A THEME THAT WILL NEVER RUN OUT OF IDEAS!
- signal42 put out a series of Downtown Caches - DARN I WORK IN SPRUCE GROVE! NO LUNCH HOUR CACHES FOR ME!
- kiwibirdman put out Edmonton's Unique Art - EDMONTON'S 1st ADVENTURE LAB
- GeoGuider put out Murals Celebrating Great Edmontonians - ADVENTURE LAB
- hiking granny put out WEM West Edmonton Mall - ADVENTURE LAB
- boombear put out Heritage Festival City - ADVENTURE LAB
- Who put out Wherigos this year? Ninja Fairies, scavengermonkeys, Licwid, GeoGuider, j0ckser, Iamgrateful, WillowZilla, hiking granny, billy robson, boombear, and PSCM
- Did you go to a MEGA?
- Did you make a MEGA DECISION?
- Kiwibirdman and GirlGuide163, Edmonton's geocaching couple who got engaged
- protonspinner and Ifollowher both retired
- These people hit their 15-year geocaching anniversary.
- sabres fan (17 June 2004)
- Bonkerstheclown (14 August 2004)
- These people hit their 10-year geocaching anniversary.
- K'n'I (18 April 2009)
- Hip2Hip (27 April 2009)
- twilc33 (28 August 2009)
- Eyestone Saga (12 December 2009)
- These people hit their 5-year geocaching anniversary.
- ChristopherRobin1431 (08 June 2014)
- IM_NotLost-Xbz1 (18 July 2014)
- protonspinner (02 August 2014)
- jorura (03 August 2014)
- RibbitLady (16 August 2014)
- ScooterRichard (07 September 2014)
- geo-schmidts (08 October 2014)
- WillowZilla (19 October 2014)
- Iamgrateful (20 November 2014)
- Ifollowher (13 December 2014)
- Who are the newbies this year?
- Tonic3 (member since 12 January 2019)
- Sir_MeowsALot (member since 03 May 2019)
- brobars (member since 03 July 2019)
- Beenicetwice (member since 08 August 2019)
- Maya3701 (member since 13 August 2019)
- cjamesstuart (member since 15 August 2019)
- Summit0213 (member since 19 August 2019)
- FINE_DIT (member since 17 September 2019)
- applewine77 (member since 30 September 2019)
We have a lot of fun playing this game... and we get to know many special people along the way. How sad to have lost one of our own. We bid sad farewell to Dave of Lifesahwy from Spruce Grove who passed away earlier this year. Our thoughts go to Tamala (the other half of Lifesahwy) and the family of David (Dave) James Millar (January 30, 1968 – October 9, 2019)
After MountainMan's funeral on September 30, 2017, a number of us went geocaching for some of Mountain Man's caches. When we got to this one, we needed a tool to be able to reach the cache. Ever fun-loving Dave jumped right in (or up) and WAS the tool! He retrieved the cache on our behalf without difficulty. We all signed happily; it was wonderful to have a bit of a monkey in our midst.
- Share your crazy caching story.
- Read the log from GC89NFK Reverse WIGO - Mayfield Common from sirIyeH. I howled when I read it. We've ALL been there at some point.
- Congratulations to... everyone!
And these are just the ones I know about. My apologies if I missed your milestone. Let me know if YOUR MILESTONE isn't listed here and I'd be thrilled to post it.
This is a crazy game we play... Come celebrate your milestone this year! Or just come and enjoy some camaraderie... we're all pretty good at that!
Where: Boston Pizza
180 Mayfield Common Northwest
Edmonton, AB T5P 4B3 Map
Date: December 29, 2019
Time: 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Please RSVP with numbers in your party so BPs can staff appropriately.