On June 17, 2000, I placed my first cache, the Camels Prairie Stash, with the help of my sister and niece (and their dog). It was my first foray into geocaching and Idaho's first geocache. I had no idea at the time that geocaching would become what it is today (or that I would be working for the company behind it!). Let's get together and celebrate 20 years of this wonderful game!
We will be meeting at Ardy's in Coolin, Idaho on the south end of Priest Lake [plans with the proprietor pending] at noon [subject to change after talking to the proprietor]. The event will include:
- A cake commemorating 20 years of Idaho geocaching
- Display of the original logbook from the Camels Prarie Stash
- A drawing to win a variety of prizes, including 20 version 6 Moun10Bike Bike Geocoins
- Launch of a new Priest Lake Adventure
- Display of the original geocoin for discovery
- OPTIONAL Excursion to Camels Prairie: After the conclusion of the main event, I will escort anyone who wants to participate on a journey up to the Camels Prairie Stash (snow permitting!). The journey is approximately 14 miles one-way from the event, of which 10 miles is on gravel/dirt roads. I will be able to carry three cachers to the summit of the mountain in my vehicle and hopefully others will be able to join in a caravan. Only high-clearance vehicles should attempt the final mile up to the summit.
Please post your Will Attends so that you are notified of any announcements and changes to this listing, and I hope to see you all on June 20th in Coolin!
Community Celebration Events - 2020
This Event is part of a limited release of Community Celebration Events to celebrate 20 years of geocaching. Geocachers hosted events between May 2, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Learn more about Community Celebration Events on the Geocaching Blog.