This clean up will take place along the Holywell Beach and coastal Path regardless of the weather.
We will meet at the listed co-ordinates, Holywell Bay National Trust Car Park, where free parking is available for National Trust members and £1 for non members.
Wednesday 12, February 2020. We will meet at the listed co-ordinates at 3.30pm for a short Health and Safety briefing and this event is expected to last for up to 1 and half hours, there will be tea/coffee and biscuits available afterwards
Bin bags will be supplied, but please bring your own gloves, gardening gloves are best and if you have your own litter picker then please bring it along as I don't have many. There are bins provided on the beach and in the National Trust car park for any rubbish collected to be disposed of.
Health and Safety/Risk Assessment:
The Risk Assessment is laid out as follows:
People at risk - Risk level - Action to be taken to reduce the risk.
• Cuts to fingers from handling broken glass or sharps litter - Volunteers - Low - Wear gloves. If at any time you spot any needles/sharps, please make a note of a waypoint and notify the organiser so that this can be collected and disposed of in the correct manner.
• Back injuries from heavy liftiing - Volunteers - Medium - Work as a team when faced with heavy objects. If it is too heavy, don't move it - mark it as a waypoint and report it to event organiser.
• Tripping over bags of cleared rubbish - Volunteers & the public - Low - please ensure you use the designated bins situated on the beach exit and in the car park, try to keep paths and walkways free for other users.
• Water - Volunteers - Medium - There is no need to enter the water at any point, please ensure if you have geokids you have an eye on them at all times to ensure their safety.
• Rocks - Volunteers - Medium - All volunteers to be aware of the area you are in and take precaution, wear suitable footwear.
• Catching disease - Volunteers - Low - Gloves should be worn for the work and hands should be washed thoroughly before eating and drinking. Report any dead animals to the event organiser who will inform the local authority. If you do NOT like the look of something don't touch it!
If you wish to come to this event, please post a Will Attend log, as if changes need to be made I will post an announcement and then you will receive notification of the changes.
This event is held with kind permission and support from the North Cornwall National Trust.