It's the start of a new cache series! Kev's Containers.
This cache his hidden along the road to MasonVale apartments at Geroge Mason University. Bring your own pen if you wish to sign the log
Please consider the following information when following this series:
- George Mason University was a great place for me to start a new cache series, especially since I am an on-campus student.
- Mason is a very busy and buzzy campus during the week, as a large portion of the student body commutes here.
- That said, campus is generally pretty quiet at night as the latest classes don't get out until 10:00 PM.
- Weekends are usually very quiet and campus is generally unpopulated unless there is a concert, game, or event being hosted at Eagle Bank Arena or somewhere on campus.
- Parking during the weekdays, especially during peak class times, can be very hard to come across and open spots are few and far between.
- The Mason parking patrol are hawks, unforgiving ones, they are easy to spot (white cars or trucks with black scanning equipment mounted on the roof of the car) but are very quick to ticket. Often times they'll be camped out in the parking lots and get you as soon as they can.
- Parking patrol is not as active at night but they are still out and about, as well as mason police.
- If you plan on caching during the weekend you can obtain a free parking pass for Lot K @ parking.gmu.edu
- Complimentary 30-minute parking is available on the 1st level of the Shenandoah Parking Deck, Rappahannock Parking Deck, and Mason Pond Parking Deck. Or anywhere a sign is posted that states parking is 30 free for minutes.
- Fairfax campus parking Map: https://info.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Fairfax-Parking-Map_2019.pdf
- For more information on visitor parking and parking rates visit: https://transportation.gmu.edu/parking-services/visitor/
- To buy a guest parking permit visit (you'll need to create a guest account): https://gmu.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth_guest.aspx
- If you don't want to pay for parking there is parking at University Mall.
Cache/Series Specific Information:
- There is no set order to this series, they have been numbered in the order they were hidden.
- All caches in this series are unscrewable pill capsules, please do not remove caches via the metal wire or loop that is holding them to their hiding places, as it is very difficult to put back on, trust me I had to hide these.
- All caches are BYOP
- When logging feel free to write a message about your adventure with each cache and share stories of when you were in college or just why you decided to come cache. I love reading what you guys post and I'm sure others in the community do too.
- Posting pictures is strongly encouraged as long as they do not reveal the hiding spot of the cache.
- Modifications to further aid the cache's hidden-ness and or secureness to its hiding spot is greatly appreciated, all I had to work with were those metal loops, my cold fingers, and a pair of scissors to help bend stuff in some cases.
- Please exhibit caution if you are choosing to cache during the day as there are many muggles who do not understand what you're doing and may report suspicious activity. Should you run into issues with campus police please be understanding that people have a right to be worried, especially in current times. Just let them do their job and be respectful as they keep our campus very safe. I know I probably don't need to say any of this but it never hurts to have a reminder.
- If you have questions, concerns, comments, or information regarding my series, please feel free to send me a message through the app.
Thank you for reading this!