Journey to Wellbeing Community Celebration September 2020
We are in the process of planning a new set of caches for the Assiniboine Park Zoo and hope to release them with “Journey to Wellbeing” on Saturday, September 26, 2020. This one, however, will look very different than what we are accustomed, due to COVID19.
Specific expectations throughout the zoo will be determined by the organization and government guidelines. Currently (as of May 22), guests must maintain a two metre social distance between other people, and some marked, animal exhibits. There is also a ‘one-way’ route using arrows to establish direction throughout the zoo and some exhibits are closed and limiting access. Map: https://www.assiniboinepark.ca/uploads/public/images/maps/zoo-map.pdf
This page will be updated in September with specifics. 2020-09-16: see below
Geocachers will be expected to maintain a two metre distance between different families so… no handing over the prize, hehe. The caches will be available starting at 9:00am and the event log will be near the entrance gate. Please bring your own writing tool to sign in. The event log book will be available until 4:00pm so that people can arrive whenever they’d like throughout the day. The zoo closes at 5:00pm. There will be no large group gathering at the end of the time, so people can take their time throughout the day, enjoy a family picnic at Tundra Grill, and grab some new caches.
Admission or membership to the Assiniboine Park Zoo is required to participate in this event.
Please visit: http://www.assiniboinepark.ca/zoo for regular admission rates.
Please note: All current traditional zoo caches will be available until closing on Monday, September 7, 2020 (end of the September long weekend.)
This Event is part of a limited release of Community Celebration Events to celebrate 20 years of geocaching. Geocachers hosting events between May 2, 2020 and December 31, 2021. Learn more about Community Celebration Events on the Geocaching Blog.
UPDATE, September 16, 2020:
Announcement for Journey to Wellbeing 2020
• The zoo has had to make a number of changes due to the pandemic and this has had a huge impact on our event.
- Unfortunately we cannot have a large gathering due to COVID19 and government/ zoo pandemic regulations so this is basically just a release of the new caches at the zoo. Arrive and leave whenever you want on Saturday, September 26. We DO want you to get another smiley for an event though, so please sign the event book at a table near to the Volunteer Information booth on the south side of the path just after you enter the zoo… inside the zoo. (PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WRITING TOOLS!)
- The log book will be available from 9:00am until 4:00 pm. It will be located at a table…. Close to the Volunteer Information Booth on the South side of the Bison exhibit
- This year, you will have to follow the arrows for movement throughout the zoo. Please see the map for further information: https://www.assiniboinepark.ca/uploads/public/images/maps/zoo-map.pdf
• Keep a two metre distance between you and other cachers (or muggles, hehe)
• Please sanitize your hands before and after signing the logs
• Bring your own pen/pencil for signing